Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I'm going nuts over here. I really want this bad boy, like last week! I've called every single local shop near me, and searched the web with no luck. :( Seems that the SR1911 is on a major backorder?

Anyone know where else I might be able to check?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Not helping you much, but I fondled one last week at Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro, TN. They had 2 in stock and retailed them for $699, but had a special of $650 through the weekend. They're very nice. Gunbroker is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If you rush out and get one now you will pay a premium price for it. If you can wait awhile until the hype subsides you should be able to buy these in the $525-550.00 range.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the tip about gunbroker.com. I just snatched one up today with the Buy It Now button. I didn't pay retail, but feel like I still got a pretty good deal if you take the huge demand for them into account.

Regarding the $525-550 price range, I asked my local dealer about one I saw listed for $585 and he said that was under wholesale price. Maybe all the dealers don't pay the same price for wholesale. I dunno. Year's ago I was in the motorcycle business and I know that high volume dealers got price breaks on inventory and/or were able to make special purchases of in-demand models. Maybe guns are the same way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you rush out and get one now you will pay a premium price for it. If you can wait awhile until the hype subsides you should be able to buy these in the $525-550.00 range.
I'd be surprised if they get down that low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As much as I want it now, I'm still waiting a bit for my gun shop to pick one up. I know if I wait I can get it under $600.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
You guys are lucky....i have not even SEEN one yet.

Yes...for some odd reason...here in the biggest city in a very gun-friendly state...we have NO Ruger 1911s to buy or even look at.

Might be a good thing....I really could use to save a little more.

-brickboy240

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
You guys are lucky....i have not even SEEN one yet.

Yes...for some odd reason...here in the biggest city in a very gun-friendly state...we have NO Ruger 1911s to buy or even look at.

Might be a good thing....I really could use to save a little more.

-brickboy240
no better here in AZ where it is made, I still find that ridiculous. All my calls in April paid off, or maybe I just got lucky on 3 May. Small store I got mine from, their first, has had only one more since. Chains like Sportsman and Cabela's don't even know when they will get any.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
reviving a sleeping giant headache. "bought" mine Saturday. Told Davidsons had one showing in stock. Got the dreaed call this morning. Sorry, its not there shoudl have shown zero inventory. I just left the money there. I feel like I got a fair price, and told somewhere within 3 weeks. We shall see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts