i love the compact 1911's

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
other than being ported i really like it as well

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is nice but i don't see the need for the porting. I would still shoot it .

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Beautiful gun, but it is not one that I would carry for personal defense.

If it is a firearm that you are considering for a carry piece, I would encourage you to consider a non-ported one.

I am not a fan of ported guns for personal defense. Since most self defense shootings are at night, I would be concerned about the increased muzzle flash from the porting further degrading your night vision after the first shot.

I would also be extremely concerned about the likelihood of having to point-shoot from the retention position while the porting is throwing hot gas and powder up into my face.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Looks great, except for the ported barrel. Something to keep in mind, most self defense shootings happen in a low light environment (at least according to a sheriff buddy of mine, who's also quite a pistolero). That ported barrel is gonna give you a nice muzzle flash; impressive at the range, but in a dark place its gonna be blinding. Just a thought

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
LOL rystineusmc beat me to it!!!! The only problem that I see is if you needed to pack at night. You will get a flash out of the porting and that will give you night blindness other than that it's a sweet gun!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha no it really wouldnt be for everyday carry just for range use and home defense
although if i did conceal carry it i would do it during the day only because of the flash from the porting

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
haha no it really wouldnt be for everyday carry just for range use and home defense
although if i did conceal carry it i would do it during the day only because of the flash from the porting
Doesn't solve the problem getting and eye-full of hot gas and power fragments from firing from the retention position... (A very common shooting position in self defense situations.)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Very nice! I shot a friends Spingfield 1911 Saturday and really liked it.
It was completely decked out with factory upgrades (sights, safety, slide release, engraving ect....) Other than the porting, his was a much nicer pistol and he only gave $800 for it. I think the porting looks cool but I think you'd be paying a lot for something that serves very little purpose.
I've shot various pistols that were ported and saw no difference in rise.
Look around. I think you can do better for less if you leave off the porting as a feature.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Doesn't solve the problem getting and eye-full of hot gas and power fragments from firing from the retention position... (A very common shooting position in self defense situations.)
Not to mention the loss of skin.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
WOW! Gorgeous!

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Who else thinks this is a beautiful gun?

Eh.........It's alright. :neutral:

......But, Mines Better! ;-)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts