Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been reading up here before deciding to purchase my xd9, and the nature of the posts has already got me freaking out about polishing feed ramps, bending magazine lips, and being over-protective of rust. i know that forum posts, like radio call-in polls, are not representative of the population of xd owners, but i also know that a gun, like anything mechanical, is susceptible to problems. so i guess i just want to know how many people havent had to "tweak" their gun aside from general maintenance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Vast Majority of folks on this forum have no problems what so ever with their XD's. I can pseak for myself only but I own 2 one XD SUB and a Service in 9mm. The Sub has about 7,000 rounds thru it and the Service about 3,000 I have not had a lick of trouble with either of them.

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Replaced the recoil spring after 10K rounds on my .40 Tac. Haven't done anything to my HS Gen 1. Clean and lube only.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was having problems with the sights on my XD 9, but never had any problems with my XD 357sig. Still a great gun for the safety features, price, and overall performance. Springfield Armory has great customer service, they wont hesitate to take your gun back at their cost and fix anything that is wrong that wasn't caused by neglect. I can't say that about some other gun manufactures I have run across, wont mention any names. :x

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is a common phenomenon, nobody posts to say that they do not have problems with a product.

The finish on the grip safety on my XD-9 sub is a little worn and would have rusted except for being wiped once in a while with a gun rag, but I have not had any other problems with it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'll second what Overkill said. It's been two weeks and a whole lot of ammo since I got my XD-40 Service. No problems here yet, but my friend, who purchased his XD-40 SC the same day, is already experiencing some rust on the slide. It's an every day carry piece for him, whereas mine has to date been only a range gun.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Over 2k through the pistol, and not a single hic-up... Surface rust occasionally, but that's just because I don't giver her as much love as I should...

When I want it to go "bang!"; She goes "bang!" That's all a really demand of her.

Raymond

·
Registered
768 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]My only problem is that ammo isn't free.
ya just had to have the .40, didn't ya.
mallwart 9mm/wwb= $ :D $:D
[for all i know you have a 9mm]

who thinns 9mm is good enough for everything but bowlingpins? :twisted:
JUST KIDDING- don't go there. seriously. :roll:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
after having SA replace the old style extractor in mine, did some large amounts of runs including 1200 yesterday within about 2hrs. the gun was really starting to get hot and still functioned flawlessly.

(the crayon inlay was starting to bead up on the top of the slide! LOL)

·
Registered
17 Posts
No problems except after shooting 300 FMJ Winchester white box on the first trip to the range, I decided to get rid of some Eagle Arms? round nose lead that someone had given me a long time ago. 2 jams with the RNL, but easy enough to clear and reload the rounds and shoot them.

Not that I'll ever shoot RNL out of anything but my 45 Colt Vacquero again.

Nasty.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mine has cauesd two major problems for me. It just keeps shooting and shooting and shooting with only one minor hiccup. It's digested 1550 rounds in three weeks now with a single FTE at around round 650 due to a bad cartridge casing. :D

This in turn leads to my two problems. The first is that I spend waaaaay too much time at the range with a big smile plastered on my face. This has led to curious stares from other shooters and "the look" from my wife. :oops:

The second problem is that if I'm not at the range, I'm at Wally World buing another five boxes of WWB 115 FMJ value pack ammo. When will it all end?!! :shock:

Buy the XD, you'll never regret it. If you are worried about the rust rumors, either wipe it down with a silicone cloth every time you pick it up or get a Bi-tone like I did.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
My HS2000 has been riding in a gear bag in my truck since I purchased it back in early 2001. It's only had minimum care, I clean it when I shoot it a lot and I oil it when I think about it. I've never had any "rust" that I couldn't rub off with my finger. The only time it's failed to fire was my fault for not gripping it correctly and those occasions have been extremely rare.

I hope my Sig is as trouble free.

bd

1 - 20 of 83 Posts