Springfield XD Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I don't like it. Not even a little bit. Only reason I came back today was to see how unhappy everyone is with the change. Old format was easier to read, easier to identify who wrote the post, etc. This forum has been dead for awhile except for the chatterbox. This could be the end of this forum.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Smith and Wesson forum changed awhile ago to the same format.
To me it has got way too political and there is constant bickering over corona masks.
Too much copy and paste members with their own beliefs.
Very little gun posts.
They have lost a lot of veteran members.
I'll wait and see what happens here.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Unfortunately, it looks identical to another web forum. I had to double-check to make sure I was where I wanted to be.

Reactions: Bozz10mm

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I was fine with the last change, what, 5 or 6 years ago, but this is the 3rd forum I'm on that has gone to this format in the last couple of months. I don't like it. Everything runs together. Dark mode helps some, but now it just looks like a long TL;DR rant. It's just tiring and I can't stay here for any length of time. Yeah, it's as cluttered as my DirecTV guide.

·
Premium Member
21,642 Posts
I also don’t like that when you click on the next page it starts you at the bottom and not the top. So two things so far, being back the old page numbering style and start is off on the top of each page.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I really appreciate the warning that a post is not appropriate for individuals under 18. I know that my 15 year old grandson would NEVER click the show content button. :oops:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well, I don’t really appreciate whatever benefits it was supposed to bring to us - if any.
But it’s worth every penny I pay to be here!

Reactions: dfgomaha

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Does it really matter what y'all think? It's done

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Pictures are very slow to load. You have to page down on the post before the picture will show. It is very time consuming and irritating. A Canadian firm owns most all of the gun forums, so that is why they are looking the same because they are. Not good for readers and posters, but with all the advertising right in-between the posts, the form owners are getting 10 times the income from adds.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Change for the sake of change is a recipe for failure. Not intuitive, seems jumbled and was gawd awful till I turned out the lights and made it dark format. REAL TOUGH GETTING USED TO. Likely result in less visits.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gee maybe their trying to shut down all the gun related forums? Wouldn’t surprise me a bit that anti gunners would take over and use the sites to fund their stuff. Don’t close them down directly, just piss everyone off enough to leave. This ought to stir things up. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Seems jumbled and a ton of imbedded ads, pretty crappy not that the admin's care

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
I think this forum is spying on us and putting links into our emails to see what we are thinking about owning guns and various other things. It takes 5 times longer to view our normal threads because of the imbedded adds. I am starting to get discouraged about coming back.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think this forum is spying on us and putting links into our emails to see what we are thinking about owning guns and various other things. It takes 5 times longer to view our normal threads because of the imbedded adds. I am starting to get discouraged about coming back.
Could be your browser.. Google has been doing it for 20+ years.

Reactions: Dinoble1
61 - 80 of 89 Posts