Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
None of my local shops carry the Dan Wesson CBOB 1911, so I am looking for an online source. Budsgunshop carries it, but without the night sights. Can anyone give me a website that sells this pistol, in 45 ACP, with the night sights? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
None of my local shops carry the Dan Wesson CBOB 1911, so I am looking for an online source. Budsgunshop carries it, but without the night sights. Can anyone give me a website that sells this pistol, in 45 ACP, with the night sights? Thanks in advance.
You can always buy it and have the sights installed! :)

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can always buy it and have the sights installed! :)

I could have swore that I read the night sights come standard on that pistol, but Budsgunshop ensured me that the ones they carry do not have them. I was just trying to save myself the trouble, but if I can't find another site that sells them, I may have to do what you suggested.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Meh, I'd find someone else to ask at Bud's... to my knowledge, they were never made without Novaks on there.

That said, I've heard very good things about Whittaker's in Kentucky:

New Handgun

It'd be $863 + shipping/FFL from them

Dang, if I didn't already have a Sig P220 Compact...

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh, I'd find someone else to ask at Bud's... to my knowledge, they were never made without Novaks on there.

That said, I've heard very good things about Whittaker's in Kentucky:

New Handgun

It'd be $863 + shipping/FFL from them

Dang, if I didn't already have a Sig P220 Compact...

Thank you sir, I definitely appreciate that website. Hmm, they also have the Dan Wesson 10mm... :grin:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Ahhhhhhh, stop giving me ideas!

A 1911 will likely be the next pistol I get, and it'll probably be a DW 1911 of some sorts... Just wish they made a PM7 with Novaks... I dont want target sights on a gun I might carry :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
You can count me as a happy CBOB owner. It took about 250-300 rounds before it was 100% but since then no problems. Biggest issue was failure to go fully into battery which was caused by cheap ammo and a tight "match" chamber. Every couple of mags I'd have to bump the slide closed for the last 1/4". Gun is tight and accurate.

I've had mine for a couple of years but at that time the only way to get one was with night sites. While they are "Novak" style the are made by Champion. The rear is held in by set screw to ease windage adjustment. The front is dovetailed and pinned. Front bas i tapered to match the profile of the slide. Very nice set up.

I was in the same boat as OP. I could not find one anywhere. I did find one dealer but he gave me a long lead time on ordering one. I ended up buying one from GunBroker to get one in my hands.

J

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can count me as a happy CBOB owner. It took about 250-300 rounds before it was 100% but since then no problems. Biggest issue was failure to go fully into battery which was caused by cheap ammo and a tight "match" chamber. Every couple of mags I'd have to bump the slide closed for the last 1/4". Gun is tight and accurate.

I've had mine for a couple of years but at that time the only way to get one was with night sites. While they are "Novak" style the are made by Champion. The rear is held in by set screw to ease windage adjustment. The front is dovetailed and pinned. Front bas i tapered to match the profile of the slide. Very nice set up.

I was in the same boat as OP. I could not find one anywhere. I did find one dealer but he gave me a long lead time on ordering one. I ended up buying one from GunBroker to get one in my hands.

J

Thanks for the reply. I have read about some issues during the break in period, but that is to be expected of a tight 1911. I am going to just pray that budsgunshop is wrong about it not having night sights and order from them next Monday. She will need to be broken in quickly because this will be my full time carry piece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts