I'll have to look up this law. I haven't heard anything about it.
Hell, I just recently learned that my LEO concealed carry carries the same limitations as civilian CCW! But even that is kind of fuzzy.
I don't believe the law to be "fuzzy". If one can legally own a handgun it can be carried in thier personal vehicle even if loaded as long as it is concealed within the vehicle.
(i) For purposes of Subsection (b)(3), a person is presumed to be traveling if the person is:
(1) in a private motor vehicle;
(2) not otherwise engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic;
(3) not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing a firearm;
(4) not a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01; and
(5) not carrying a handgun in plain view.
A forum community dedicated to Springfield Armory XD and XD-M series firearm owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!