Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Difference in performance And which one is better? I would appreciate feed back from folks with actual experience with the PRP trigger kit or Springer kit.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
What are you looking for? I mean, what is your personal expectation? Both will lighten the pull, shorten the travel and reset. How much are you looking to spend? For many, budget is the driver and the more you spend the more results are to be had.

OS

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking to lighten the pull and shorten the reset on this pistol. My desire is to have a trigger pull weight of ~4 pounds. The gun will be for range use and my primary HD weapon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I chose the PRP, never tried the other. If you are reasonably good with tools, the PRP kit is easy to do. Plenty of videos to walk you thru it. You will need pin punches and some quality fine sandpaper on a flat surface or a stone, and some 180 grit emory cloth to adjust the trigger stop. My trigger pull is ~3.5# afterwards.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I installed the prp drop in on my xdm 4.5 a year or so ago and haven't looked back. Install it, shoot it, love it! You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Can the drop-in PRP or any other kit cause light primer strike problems? I'm not unhappy with the stock trigger in my 4.5" XDM (45acp) but I wouldn't mind some improvement as long as it won't degrade the reliability of the gun.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
In my opinion the stock trigger is the best. Id it aint broke don't fix it, however if you must do it, go with the PRP, They have very high quality products.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a huge assortment of XD's and XDM's. Everything I run is from PRP! Hands down, they are the best. I have experienced both and would never run anything but the Powder River Precision products. Powder River has incredible support and they are extremely easy to work with when there is an issue, which is seldom if ever.

The PRP kits are super easy to install. The PRP Drop in Trigger Kit is simply the best and easiest to install out of everything available. This kit allows you to set the pull weight where you personally like it. This is done by sending an assortment of springs with the trigger to allow you to mix and match to achieve your desired feel/pull weight.

Hands down, PRP is the way to go. Superior quality, ease of installation and great to work with.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I installed the PRP drop in myself and I have been nothing but happy with it. Trigger pull own to 3.5lbs, super quick reset with not a lot of travel anyway. Great trigger. Have no experience with anything else so can't comment on whats best, just what I know ;)

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I did not like the stock 5.25 trigger... this is supposed to be a out of the box comp gun! the long trigger travel and the excessive over travel does not promote the best shoot feel, I put in the the PRP drop in and now have what the gun should have been shipped with from Springfield... just my personal opinion...

·
Registered
89 Posts
In my opinion the stock trigger is the best. Id it aint broke don't fix it, however if you must do it, go with the PRP, They have very high quality products.
In a XDM 5.25 "Comp" gun, IMO is TERRIBLE. The stock trigger on my AR is lighter.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Personally I feel they make the trigger terrible to begin with. Which leaves the opportunity to upgrade and charge more in the custom shop. If you look, all of their compatible xd xdm etc series have powder river available in the custom shop.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I installed the prp drop in on my xdm 4.5 a year or so ago and haven't looked back. Install it, shoot it, love it! You won't be disappointed.
+1 on that. I have the PRP Drop-in on my 9mm XMDc - sincerely Love it!

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Personally I feel they make the trigger terrible to begin with. Which leaves the opportunity to upgrade and charge more in the custom shop. If you look, all of their compatible xd xdm etc series have powder river available in the custom shop.
No, most shooters go after market, not send their gun to Springfield. It's all liability. Put a crisp 3# trigger in a gun & someone shoots them self, blame the gun. The PRP trigger kits are great, easy to install. If I can't get any positive feed back onthe Springer, I'll likely go with another PRP for my new xdm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts