Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i finally got my wish and im importing an xdm from america but stuck on wat model and calibre i shot idpa and practical pistol so not to sure wat wud be best to balance out both disciplines i have a choice between a 9mm bi-tone xdm or a od melonite .40s&w xdm wats u guys views on them any advice wud really help me out tough decision for me can u guys help?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Tough choice. Do what the rest of us do and get um all! :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would probably go with the 9MM bitone it looks awesome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
I shoot IDPA and USPSA with a 9mm... have as much fun as the rest .. Check your ammo cost there and think you'll see a big difference between the two ..

·
Registered
205 Posts
personally, not a fan of the way a 40 recoils. just feels odd to me. i own a 9mm and i've shot my father in laws .45 and to me they are both awesome and very similar in terms of how they recoil. as someone above said, id go with one where ammo is more affordable? never shot IDPA or any other shooting competition so idk how much capacity means to the individual.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shoot and d c bring up a good point y not buy both lol i wish i cud guys sadly can only have one for the mean time then add a few more to my collection in the new year i am kinda leaning towards the 9mm its near $40 at the moment for 100 rounds of .40 the 9mm rounds r so cheap lately so maybe better to go for 9mm cheap for competition and plinking

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just purchased the .40, but will probably get the 9mm when (not if) I start shooting more.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I'd go for the 9 for mass plinking or competition...:)

·
Registered
345 Posts
My personal preference is for all black guns but if given a choice between a bi-tone and a OD green or tan pistol I would go with the bi-tone.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts