1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The compact has a shorter grip but can also use the regular mag with a sleeve/extension. It is a better choice for CC IMHO.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The compact has a shorter grip but can also use the regular mag with a sleeve/extension. It is a better choice for CC IMHO.
Doh! I guess I didn't realize the CMPT meant it was a compact, which I would prefer. What was throwing me off, is they both hold the same number of rounds. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
+1 on this; I'm looking at getting one as well; why not get the one that's easier to conceal but can handle the regular magazine as well?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Doh! I guess I didn't realize the CMPT meant it was a compact, which I would prefer. What was throwing me off, is they both hold the same number of rounds. Thanks!

I checked out the XDm 9mm, and would have got the compact but I could not justify the higher price over the XD9 for my purposes.

Anyway, there are three configurations of the XDm .40cal and 9mm guns, one with 4.5 inch barrel and two with 3.8 inch barrel You need to carefully look at the XDm models to be sure you know what you are buying and they are a litle confusing. One of the 3.8 inch barrel guns in each caliber is designated a COMPACT and has the shorter grip and lower capacity mag. For the 9mm guns:

Springfield Armory - Introducing the XD(m) Polymer Handgun

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
As you now know, the XDM9Compact is basically the "M" version of your XD9sc. I'm actually thinking of moving to the XDM9c myself. I like my XD9sc just fine, but since I've gotten into Practical Shooting, wouldn't mind the little longer barrel, nicer feel and basic M-Factor points. Is it worth $100 more? That's what I'm pondering now, but since I like the short grip and they don't make a 3.8" (or 4") XDsc... :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my XD9 SC sold yesterday, so I've got a good chunk of $$$ towards the XDM 9 compact. Not sure where I'm going to get it yet, but probably Buds since I have dealt with them before and they have my FFL on file.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you get the XDM 3.8 9mm compact you might want to get some
Pearce grip extensions for the 13rd mag like we did.
Ditto! I've got 3 13 rnd mags for carry with my 3.8" compact and the Pearce extensions are fantastic!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ditto! I've got 3 13 rnd mags for carry with my 3.8" compact and the Pearce extensions are fantastic!
I will look into those extensions. Even though it's a holiday, I called my gunsmith at his home to get his FFL info as I was going to get the gun from a Gunbroker seller. He looked up some prices for me, and I ended up ordering the Bi-tone Compact 9 from him. It's going to run about $20 more than the GB guy, but that is because of the $42 state tax here. But I would rather keep the business local. Besides, it is his XDM that made me want one after I shot it. It will be here probably next Thursday or Friday. :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought an XDMc from Woodbury Outfitters in OH for $499 last week.
I got the compact Bi-tone. I couldn't find it online anywhere for under $600. My gunsmith gave me a great price of $584 for it. It's all the other crap, tax, Brady, transfer etc that put it at $661 out the door.
I shouldn't complain though. I just checked the bi-tone version on the Woodbury site, and they have it at $662. :shock:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I got the compact Bi-tone. I couldn't find it online anywhere for under $600. My gunsmith gave me a great price of $584 for it. It's all the other crap, tax, Brady, transfer etc that put it at $661 out the door.
I shouldn't complain though. I just checked the bi-tone version on the Woodbury site, and they have it at $662. :shock:
I got it for their buy it now price on Gunbroker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts