Springfield XD Forum banner

What Caliber do you shoot out of your XD?

• 9mm

• 40 S&W

• 45 GAP

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
how do you like your 45? and where do you buy your ammo?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
dave_in_delaware said:

+1 on the Box 'O Truth regarding the 9mm. Of course, a well-placed shot (or 2 or 3...) with any of the XD calibers should stop a BG.
My cpl instructor said it best a 22 in the pocket is better than a 45 in the truck 8)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have the 9mm AND the .40. I love them both.

Mine happen to be in SC but all the general stuff still applies.

I have had 5 FTF with the 9 (Due to crappy ammo for sure)

and absolutely 0 problems with the .40

I guess you can't go wrong with either and if you have a Wal-Mart nearby then you have access to both rounds at a good price.

In the poll I put down that I have a .40 because that is what I carry.

The 9mm has Mepro sights and a CC trigger job and "Fusion Finish" so it stays on the nightstand for my GF. She digs being able to see the sights at night.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't you hate that? Can"t decide what you want. Don't listen to these guy's. Listen to me and you will be happier. Buy all three. HAHA I like my 40. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
R/T you have to take don't your pictures of your 3 XD's. Every time I see your site or post I get the urge to buy 2 more like you. :twisted: HAHA

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love my fourty, and since I changed springs I can get back on target quick, without so much flip.

Never had a feed problem with any ammo and I get it cheap at the gun shows.

I can't wait to see how the Gators like it, if I get the chance, you have to be on private land in daylight to shoot them with a gun.

The last six footer we roped it and grabbed it by hand and used the knife.but I have it on my side, as you can use it if things get out of hand.

But I need to get a better knife for gators. a lock blade I don't mind getting blood all over.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
manygunner said:
I think the 9 is under appreciated by a majority of people.
The "majority of people"? :D :D

I'm pretty sure the 9mm Luger is the most popular caliber of all center-fire handgun ammo. I'm just not sure by how much.

I have total confidence in my 9mm XD Sub. I have had several 9mm pistols and I found them all to be easy to shoot accurately.

And like you implied, accuracy is what matters.

Some people say some calibers are inherently more accurate than others. I have no idea if there is any truth to that. But I do believe that follow up shots are easier with a 9mm than some heavier calibers.

At one time I owned a .44 Ruger. It was incredibly accurate. But that was taking one shot at a time.

I have little doubt I can empty a 10 round magazine of 9mm into a COM area of a silhouette target at 20 feet faster than I could get two or three from a .44. And with multiple targets, I'd have no doubt at all that I would be more effective with the 9mm. (I would put a .45ACP on a par with the 9mm, but only out of a heavier gun...specifically a full sized 1911 in steel....but there's the capacity issue).

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
92 Posts
R/T Performance said:
Ouch! said:
The XD9SC can hold 15 and one.... game over
16+1 now where you been but you have to have long mags with the sleeve and by the state you only get ten :oops:

I only needed three for the snake :lol:
I'm a LEO. I get to buy just about anything it's just not that easy to find out here

·
Registered
56 Posts
Learn to shoot and you don't need a hundred round clip to hit something, I use to carry two hollow point in my old 9 and told everybody the second one was for me out of shame for missing with the first :lol: .

But then I spent a lot of time every day going through 50 rounds practicing my fast draw and using the point and shoot style not aiming and could hit a coke can at twenty feet every time and 8 out out ten if I didn't look at it.

If you can point your finger at it, you can shoot it, and you don't have to be looking right at somthing to point your finger at it, then let the gun be your finger and reach out a put holes in paper.

·
Registered
92 Posts
handymanherb said:
Learn to shoot and you don't need a hundred round clip to hit something, I use to carry two hollow point in my old 9 and told everybody the second one was for me out of shame for missing with the first :lol: .

But then I spent a lot of time every day going through 50 rounds practicing my fast draw and using the point and shoot style not aiming and could hit a coke can at twenty feet every time and 8 out out ten if I didn't look at it.

If you can point your finger at it, you can shoot it, and you don't have to be looking right at somthing to point your finger at it, then let the gun be your finger and reach out a put holes in paper.
Very true, but I am from that school of thought "more is better". It's the kid in me, I guess.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
i like to shoot 9 b/c
if you really need it for self defence it will do te trick and for the range it is cheap to shoot

·
Registered
11 Posts
Being a computer jockey, my wrists are not in the best shape. I've got borderline carpal tunnel, and I handle the lighter snap of a 9mm much better.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.