Springfield XD Forum banner

What Caliber do you shoot out of your XD?

• 9mm

• 40 S&W

• 45 GAP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which XD do you have? 9mm, 40 s&w or the 45 GAP?

I have the 45 GAP the ammo is expensive but i wouldnt want to be on the other end if you are trying to rob or hurt me! Im thinking about buying another XD in the 40S&W or 9mm for home protection and the "luxury" of shooting cheap ammo which would mean more trips to the range!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JackFrost said:
Where is the 357 SIG? I have the 357 SIG and really like it thus far. Only problem is getting ammo (buy it when you can). However, I have not seen a single box of 45 GAP ammo.
i knew i was forgetting a caliber lol, That is the worst thing about the GAP round its so hard to find and when you do find them they are usually a home/personal defense round for 25$ a box of 20. I usually buy mine from cheaper than dirt for aroun 13-14 bucks per 50 and i usually buy 250+ rounds at a time.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
manygunner said:
I used to own both a XD9 Service and a XD40 Service. I now own only a XD9 Service as it was more reliable, more accurate and faster back on target. I prefer the XD9 Service so much that I got a second one. I think the 9 is under appreciated by a majority of people. It is not size but how you use it that matters.
im starting to agree with you after reading the Box o Truth (sp) website it seems the 9mm almost always out performs the 45acp on those tests! i woud rather be standing behind a 45 than a 9 if a bad guy was coming after me it just looks like it would put a hole the size of a softball in him!! thats just my personal perfernce though! :)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
how do you like your 45? and where do you buy your ammo?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts