Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not jumping the gun, so to speak, but I'm looking for a good holster that I can use for my new XD-9 Tactical. I'd like to take an "Into to IPSC" shooting class sometime soon, and I will naturally need a holster. I've done a search here and see that holsters, like pistols, are a highly personal, subjective choice.

My problem is that I have no holster experience to fall back on, so suggesting that I go with "whatever feels best" isn't really going to work. It seems like holsters are not terribly expensive, so I guess I could change my mind later on, but in the meantime I'm hoping folks can point me in the direction of a "can't lose" holster that I can use for some entry-level competition shooting. Opinions on materials choices, other options, or other relevant accessories such as belts would be welcome, too. :D

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback you'd like to share!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Blade Tech DOH for me.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I have been using the xd-gear holster but just got a tac and thought better have one of its own. so I have just got the safari land with the leather linning.Have progress report after this weekend seems real tight but I will throw my tac in it for a few days and see if it stretches out.I bought it at pistol-gear got it next day :D

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Old School said:
The Safariland holster will ease up a bit with use, no worries.
Probally already would have but Tac is now on it way home from its GOD father (Rich) :lol:
Can't wait to sqeeze that new 2.5# Trigger. :shock:
Probally going to soil myself :oops:
Any plans for another Group shoot yet.May have a lightend 40 tac by then :wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help.

The consensus seems to be that the Blade-Tech and the Safariland are good bets.

Has anyone used both of them who can give me a little more information about how they compare and contrast?

Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts