Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put another 100 flawless rounds today through my little XDsc, including 50 115gr +p rounds. My G19 had a FTF today :evil: but shooting my XD after the Glock and my wife's Beretta Storm PX4 storm subcompact left a lot to be desired from the XD's trigger. Now I have over 5000 rounds through my XD so it has become more mushy over time. I looked at PRP's website but not sure which to get. I rotate between my G19 and the XD for concealed carry and often use my XD for auto duty as well.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
IMO,
Go with the lowest price, and best customer service.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO,
Go with the lowest price, and best customer service.
Who might that be then? I assume there aren't many, PRP is one of them of course.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I too have a Sub Compact that I CC and shoot IDPA with a 5k round count :)

Mine is bone stock other than Pierce grip extensions on the mags.

The general consensus in the CC crowd is to leave your carry weapon mechanically stock.

I do have a Springer Precision trigger kit in my 9mm Tactical that I put together for pretty much IDPA only and its reeeealy nice :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I love the PRP triggers I have in my XDs that I shoot USPSA or IDPA with - HOWEVER in my XD-9SC I have a stock trigger. If I ever have to use it I don't want to give anyone "ammo" against me - "Look at him he was looking to shoot someone, he even put in an aftermarket lighter trigger in his gun - who would do that unless they were a vigilante"

It certainly is not true - then again it is a certainly you won't likely have an overly friendly 2d amendment jury of peers with the "prosecutors" having their say in jury selection...

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Who might that be then? I assume there aren't many, PRP is one of them of course.
Then that's who you should go with.
AFAIK my remarks have not caused them any trouble ;) and others do recommend them.
Canyon creek is another I have heard good stories about.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do like the advice...if it's better to leave stock as it's a self-defense weapon, might just do that. It might just be after having shot the Glock, Beretta and Sig, the trigger is the one thing I don't like on the XDsc relatively speaking.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I agree...the trigger on my xd45 left me wanting more being 1911 man. So I bought a springer kit. It reduced travel over 50% and reduced the poundage needles to say it breaks more like my 1911 so its a lot easier to transition between them. The prp system im pretty sure only reduces the trvel.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I chose the PRP Ultimate kit for my EDC XD9SC, and I LOVE it. I installed it myself and had NO problems. There are two videos on YouTube that walk you through it. If you're comfortable with small tools and small parts, you will be ok. The only part that needed fitting was the over travel stop, that's a user's choice item. The kit cut the total trigger travel, eliminated almost all of the take-up and over travel distance, and gave me about a 3.5# pull. Damn thing feels like a 1911 now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts