Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a subcompact for edc. Up in the air between the gen 4 Glock26, XDsc and the s&w shield. Actually I'm not really into the shield, so I'm between the first 2. And I'm leaning right now more towards the Glock26. It's a bit smaller and lighter as well... I'm open to opinions to sway me otherwise. Want to know what everyone loves about any subcompact XD's they own. Thanks

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have an XDsc .40 that I really like shooting and it fits in my hand better than the Glock. I nearly bought a G27 but went with Springfield intstead. I like the fact the the XDsc comes with 2 mags, one flush fit and one full size with a grip sleeve. I would strongly recommend renting the guns you are considering because one that feels good in your hand at the counter may feel totally different while shooting.

If you are considering a Shield that opens up a whole different can of worms as you are now comparing a single stack thin gun with a double stack. I have an XDs that I carry IWB while my double stack XDsc has become my OWB carry gun. The single stack is much more comfortable IWB. Oh BTW be prepared for several different opinions.... :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Why XDsc in 40 vs Glock 26 in 9mm? and not in 9?
Which Shield 9mm or 40?

Please rent and try shooting these first.

Personal if I were you do the XDsc in 9mm opposed to the 40.
I had a XDsc 40 and have since replaced it with a XDMc 9 and a Shield in 9.

XDMc 9 for my FS days. Shield 9 on the days I need to carry lite as I know I am going to be on my feet all day.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
After shooting my XDs in 9mm i would second this opinion. If I had to buy my XDsc I would probably go with 9mm and still might consider it if the right deal came along...

·
Premium Member
128,144 Posts
I like my XD9SC just fine.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Carry what you shoot best:

The "best" gun is the one YOU like, not anyone else. It will be a compromise of:

1. Fit - It should fit in your hand like you were born with it there.
2. Reliability - It should go BANG about 99.8% of the time you pull the trigger.
3. Accuracy - In YOUR hand. It's how well YOU shoot it.
4. Concealability - It should be comfortable enough to wear and easy enough to conceal so you won't leave it laying on the dresser at home.
5. Cost - You don't want to scrimp on your "life protector" weapon, but you probably don't need a $1,000 Kimber, either.
6. Enjoyment - The caliber and gun should be fun to shoot. If it isn't, you won't practice with it like you should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about the new ruger lc9s, single stack 9mm that's now striker fired. Slimmer than all of above also lighter. I love my xds 45 but with full mag it's on the heavy side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My father n law has the lc9. I don't like it whatsoever. Too small for my hands. Actually hurts my hand when fired... And it only hold I believe 5 or 6 rounds. I got my little j frame for that

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I can't compare it to the other 2, but I really like my XDsc 9mm. Been carrying it for several months now in a On Your 6 IWB holster and I can carry all day no problem.

I just picked up a XDs 4.0 in 9mm that I will take out for the first time on Monday. If I like it, I will rotate it into the carry rotation.

Try renting each and good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the xdsc9 and shield 9. Both shoot great! The shield is more comfortable to carry inside waist band. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Why XDsc in 40 vs Glock 26 in 9mm? and not in 9?
Which Shield 9mm or 40?

Please rent and try shooting these first.

I had a XDsc 40 and have since replaced it with a XDMc 9 and a Shield in 9.

XDMc 9 for my FS days. Shield 9 on the days I need to carry lite as I know I am going to be on my feet all day.
I tried a Glock 26 yesterday...the problem, for me, was that I'm a 1911 guy and my muscle memory brings the Glock up shooting high. The 1911 and the XD40SC come up pointing dead-on. While YMMV, the XD40SC works for me. I was able to get one (essentials) for $440, and 3-12 round mags with X-tensions. Good fit and a range day mañana. Stay tuned.

FH

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Glock 33.............
I sold my XD9sc a long time ago...
Nuff said...:mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum 3oo_blackout...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own a XD9sc and love it. It is a little on the heavy side, but I have carried it IWB for 12-13+ hours with no problems and it has never been noticed by anyone (I am very slim, btw). I tried the G26 and it is lighter, but it just didn't feel right to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I picked up an XD40 SC on Friday and had a range session with my full size XDs yesterday. I was surprised that I shot the subcompact better than my full size pistols but was very pleased with it. Balance, pointing and recoil control were just fine.

FH

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
I own both the G26G4 and the XDsc40. I shoot both equally well.

The G26 is what I carry, simply because of weight. "Just a little bit goes a LONG way." hickok45 And with the G26 being 7-8 oz. less in heft, makes a BIG difference to me. But YMWV.

Welcome aboard from Texas!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was in the same boat just week or so ago. When I first thought about buying a new carry gun, I wanted a Gen4 Glock 26 due to its size and the amount of rounds the magazine held but working in south Texas this summer and Texas being a conceal only state I wanted something small in a 9mm that would work well with any type of clothing work or my good (as I call them) so when I finally got my hands on what I ended up buying XDs the thought of a Glock idea went out the window faster than you can blink, not only that but I got big hands and I couldn't even begin to think that I wasn't going to be able to carry the Glock without a magazine extension and the XDs I could.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts