·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 1000rds Shipped.

Brown Bear 115FMJ 9mm for $180

or

Wolf 115FMJ 9mm $169

1cent difference/shot . Worth it? Opinions on each brand please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've shot Wolf and its nasty...never shot the other...the lowest I go after shooting the Wolf is Blazer...

Even the crappiest of ammo won't hurt the XD...just depends on how dirty you want your gun and your hands...hope that helps...

Chris

·
Registered
346 Posts
I shoot Wolf all day long at the range without a problem...doesn't seem any dirtier to me then WWB or any other range/plinking ammo. I always clean my guns after I shoot them, though.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is the accuracy / consistency of each compared to WWB?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Personally, I'd spend a little more and get some Federal Independence.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Practically the same stuff.
Ive shot alot of wolf, and quite a bit of Brown Bear.
They look nearly identical, shoot the same and they're both dirty.
As long as were talking range/practice, and you don't mind a thorough cleaning after a day of shooting, you can't go wrong either way.
So between the two go wolf and save the $, maybe use it to get another 50 rds later on.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
only thing about blazer (and i do shoot it alot) in comparison to wolf is this last range trip i nearly chambered a round that had a extra peice if you will on the tip of the bullet pretty much left over casting that did nt get removed all the way when the bullet was formed i know xd's are tough but id rather not scrape the s**t out of the feed ramp.. so enjoy the rounds but check them as you load them i got caught up in the fact i had not got to go shooting in months and wasnt paying proper attention when i loaded the mag thank goodness i caught it before putting the mag in and chambering. to be fair this is the only occurance of this i've had with blazer brass in the thousands of rnds i've shot of it in multiple calibers. only experience with brown bear was 7.62x39's for am sks i had no difference between that an wolf decent range shooting but just as dirty as wolf or blazer

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good deal! I too placed an order for 1,000 tonight, have to stock up some more too before prices get out of hand or ammo just gets banned outright. lol
No joke. No telling what will happen if Osama gets elected... :confused:

·
Registered
913 Posts
CCI is the way to go...I bought 1000 rds of Independence from NW Shooter supply and when I run out of that I'm going to raid my local walmart for the Blazer which will only be $270 per 1000 for my .40...thank yourself you bought a 9mm and not the .40 or .45 for that matter....

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
For 1000rds Shipped.

Brown Bear 115FMJ 9mm for $180

or

Wolf 115FMJ 9mm $169

1cent difference/shot . Worth it? Opinions on each brand please?

Thanks.
I've shot Wolf and its nasty...never shot the other...the lowest I go after shooting the Wolf is Blazer...

Even the crappiest of ammo won't hurt the XD...just depends on how dirty you want your gun and your hands...hope that helps...

Chris
+1 on the Blazer. It's cheap and functions great.

As a side note, don't forget the big game this weekend. Wreck 'em Tech!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts