Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which set should I get for my XD40? Santa brought a set of them that are the #8 Sig. I expect to end up with TFOs on both my XD and the Sig, so the question is which gun this set should go onto.

FWIW, I prefer to put my front sight on top of where the bullet will impact rather than using the 6 o'clock aim position. Should I get the #6 front sight? This gun will be used for normal IDPA and self defense situations, so the distances will be in the 10 to 30 ft range typically.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if it helps or not. My Sig has the 8/8 sights and they are fine for it. The new TFOs are also 8/8. The Sig aims by putting the front sight dot on the point where I want the bullet to hit, but if I do this with the XD40 the bullet hits a bit high.

So maybe a better question is what is the height of the stock XD40 front sight, and is it closer in height to the Sig #8 or the Sig #6 front sight?

If it's closer to the Sig #8 sight then I probably want to put on the Sig #6 front sight so the XD doesn't shoot high for me. I'm thinking I may have to just take off the XD sight and measure it vs the Sig sights. Or maybe just install the TFOs on the XD and see how they do.

The TFOs look pretty good just sitting in the package, so I'm looking forward to installing them and shooting with them. My Sig has Trijicon Novak night sights and honestly they are great at night but not as good in bright daylight as plain fiber optics. The TFO is a great idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts