Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got what I wanted. I own a XD 9MM Service. Granted, I love this gun. However, it is a bit bulky to conceal. I was not about to sell so I turned to a guntrader website. I have (had) a Taurus public defender that was gathering dust. I got an offer for a trade with my Judge for a XD SC right away, but the deal fell through.

So I tried again thinking that I will never get that kind of offer again and wouldn't you know it, I got another offer for a XD SC with 3 mags!

I jumped on that and now am a proud owner. I can't decide if I should change the sights. I know that I am going to install a PRP trigger kit. Any suggestions on which sights are best?

(I installed the laserlyte rear laser on my XD service pistol but I don't think I want something that bulky on the smaller XD SC.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
jump to the different websights (trijicon, meprolight, truglo) see with ones you like best.

i like the trijicon myself...

and idk about anyone else, but i dont recommend putting a trigger job on a carry gun for several reasons...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Most of my guns have trigger jobs. And last but not least will be my Subcompact 40. I like a consistent feel in all my carry guns. Anyhow, I would highly recommend a Dawson tritium sight. The Dawson's rear sight sets farther back on the slide thereby giving you a slightly longer sight picture then what you have presently. Much like the OEM XDm rear sight. I have Trueglo TFOs on two of my carry guns, but they both have longer slides than the Sub.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
TFO's and a 4 lb trigger on mine. I've had XD's with other sights but have stuck with the TFO's on the sub compact. Love 'em. Way brighter than the Meprolights on my Ultra Carry.

·
Registered
190 Posts
TFO's and a 4 lb trigger on mine. I've had XD's with other sights but have stuck with the TFO's on the sub compact. Love 'em. Way brighter than the Meprolights on my Ultra Carry.
I was considering putting TFOs on my Sub, but that long front sight would cut about half an inch off my sight picture. Has your accuracy changed at all from 15 yards and out compared to what the OEM sights gave you? I would love to have a consistent look for all my XDs.

The Dawsons just seem to make sense to me.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Here is my sight profile page with most of the sights unboxed all on one pages so you do not have to look at a bunch of different websites. I did all of the reviews with the goal to allow someone to compre a bunch of diiferent sights and be able to make an educated decision.
XD-HS2000 Sight Profiles Reviews & Unboxing

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I was considering putting TFOs on my Sub, but that long front sight would cut about half an inch off my sight picture. Has your accuracy changed at all from 15 yards and out compared to what the OEM sights gave you? I would love to have a consistent look for all my XDs.

The Dawsons just seem to make sense to me.
I noticed no difference in accuracy after putting the TFO's on the 9sc but then again I don't normally shoot at much more than 10 yds with any of my carry guns. The TFO's light up great in light or dark and even I can find both sights through my tri-focals. XD9sc is way more accurate than I'll ever be.

I do have DP sights on all the guns for competition. Adjustable rear sights and FO fronts.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I installed and love my TrUGlo TFO sights. They're the best of both worlds. Fiber optics for daylight and tritium for night. I would NOT recommend you attempt to to the installation yourself. Springfield factory sights are EXTREMELY tight and it takes someone who really knows what they're doing to get them out. I got lucky and didn't damage anything, but it's a wonder.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Personally, the trigger on the XDsc is one one the nicest factory triggers I've shot and would recommend shooting yours a few Months to see if you really notice a need for a trigger job. It's one item where if you ever traded, or sold your sc, you probably wouldn't recoup a return on that investment.

As for sights, as mentioned, the sc already has a very short sight radius and depending on if it's truly going to be just for self defense, as opposed to longer distance range/match shooting as well (I use my sc for matches), going with something like the Truglo (although I like them) would shorten the sight radius even more. If you want night sights, definitely go with something that won't shorten the sight radius, like the sure sights, or Trigicon.
Just one opinion. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I can't decide if I should change the sights. I know that I am going to install a PRP trigger kit. Any suggestions on which sights are best?
As with just about anything, those which are "best," depends on you. What works for others, may not be what you have in mind. Having said that, for me, Trijicon works well.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I finally got what I wanted. I own a XD 9MM Service. Granted, I love this gun. However, it is a bit bulky to conceal. I was not about to sell so I turned to a guntrader website. I have (had) a Taurus public defender that was gathering dust. I got an offer for a trade with my Judge for a XD SC right away, but the deal fell through.

So I tried again thinking that I will never get that kind of offer again and wouldn't you know it, I got another offer for a XD SC with 3 mags!

I jumped on that and now am a proud owner. I can't decide if I should change the sights. I know that I am going to install a PRP trigger kit. Any suggestions on which sights are best?

(I installed the laserlyte rear laser on my XD service pistol but I don't think I want something that bulky on the smaller XD SC.)
For the use that the SC is intended, the stock sights are fine.

don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts