Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left or the right. I hear alot of people using the 6 o'clock sight picture (right)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Make your taget about 10x smaller, then make the sights big enough that they more than span the black. Now make them moving on top of blurry. That's my sight picture as best as I can relate.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Depends on what I'm shooting. For some reason, with rifles, I go with cutting the target (left); with a handgun, I'll go 6 o'clock (right).

I'd never noticed I do that until just now when I thought about it. Interesting.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Closer to left than right, at least for close shots, for far shots I move to a twelve hold. Of course that's on IDPA targets.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Dotagious said:
The XD is setup for the 6 o'clock sight picture if I'm not mistaken.
That's what the user book says, but the pistol doesn't always read the book.

I use the left view. The six o'clock hold is a target pistol shooter's hold, set up so the black front sight isn't on the black bullseye--got that little white gap there between the front sight and the black of the target. Defensive/action shooter's don't have time to go through all that--put that front sight where you want the bullet to go and squeeze the trigger. Repeat as necessary.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
I just shoot at someone else's target that way if i don't hit the bullseye it's his fault.

If you really want to figure this one out go buy a pistol rest. That will tell you what you want to know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Don said:
Make your taget about 10x smaller, then make the sights big enough that they more than span the black. Now make them moving on top of blurry. That's my sight picture as best as I can relate.
Thats about the same here......... :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've gone back and forth...some days I shoot better than the other....I don't understand

·
Registered
397 Posts
Don said:
Don, You took the words out of my mouth. :D

It the target is 10 ft away or less, the right side. 20 ft out, both left and right.

30 feet or more, what Don said...

·
Registered
768 Posts
my sight picture- clearly center of target

·
Registered
380 Posts
TheMaineMan said:
Left or the right. I hear alot of people using the 6 o'clock sight picture (right)
THATS WHAT THOSE ARE FOR! :shock:

·
Registered
28 Posts
If I use a rest (at around 20') and center the front site on the target, everything hits high. When shooting offhand and centering the front site on the target, it's dead one. :roll:

So to answer the question, I just point the pistol down range and close my eyes. :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts