Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am right handed and I like to carry my holster on my right side, Just curious how everyone else carry's there holster. Right handed? Left handed? Which side?

Brian

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
ranburr said:
This seems like a strange question to me. Unless you are talking about a shoulder or cross draw holster why would you carry anywhere but your strond side?

ranburr
Yes whay would you carry weak side unless you like to cross draw?....I carry on my Strong Side which is my right side.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That's the kind of question I asked when first starting to carry concealed over a year ago. After speaking with an instructor, I opted for strong side (right) at about 3 or 4 oclock, outside waist band.

Cross draw could give someone the ability to grab my arm as I was attempting to draw. However, ideally, my strong side will be kept away from the incoming problem. At least that's my goal.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Strong hand (right hand) at 3:30... That seems to work for me. If I were to carry a BUG I would probably wear it IWB cross draw at 9:45.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I worked corporate security for a large corporation in Denver and carried my revolver (mid 80's) cross draw because we work blazers and carrying strong side it was tough to get a quick draw.
However, one day while working the guard gate, I was checking someone in and as I stood at the drivers side door, the lady asked me why I carried in such a manner...I told her, then she noted that she was some security professional and asked me if I ever thought of how easy it would have been for some bad guy to reach out, grab my pistol, that would already be pointed at my gut/chest and put a cap in me while I was occupied with writing his personal info on my handy-dandy clip board!

Well, I went right out after shift and picked up a new strong side holster for the days I was on the gate...then went to a shoulder rig to keep the revolver higher and tighter to my chest for shifts in building or elsewhere on property.

Today I carry strong side IWB or front right pocket.

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
Strong left, but occasionally cross-draw...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Right side at around 3:30 to 4 o'clock in a FIST #19 Adjustable, or on my left inside ankle in a Galco Ankle Glove with calf strap when the heat is too much for me to conceal in a button up shirt, I don't like shorts.

When this shoulder rig comes in the mail i'll probably carry on my left with a loosely buttoned shirt unless it is too hot.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nothing beats strong side for speed, and retention is as good or better than a shoulder holster. As mentioned above, on long trips, I will throw on the XD Gear holster canted for cross draw and put the gun in that. I prefer X-draw paddles to shoulders for car carry because of the ability to quickly get them on or off. If your BUG is in a shoulder holster though, that'd work too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts