Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which serial number on the XD is the one that counts? With a rifle its serial number on the receiver. So is it the number on the barrel, slide or, frame?

mcb

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
all the serial numbers on my XD match.. I would think the one on the frame woud be the best way to identify your pistol though.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
The one on the form 4473. No form, no count. :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
See, what you do is, take SN off the barrel, slide and frame. Add them all up. Then divide your results by 3 and that's your serial # you use. It's a really complex calculation that all high tech LEOs use. I think I saw it on CSI or something.

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
298 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
See, what you do is, take SN off the barrel, slide and frame. Add them all up. Then divide your results by 3 and that's your serial # you use. It's a really complex calculation that all high tech LEOs use. I think I saw it on CSI or something.

:lol: :lol:
Don't laught too hard! That is actually how I'm required to tele-file my sales tax with the state of Ohio. I have to add the number of digits together that I owe, multiply it by a code number associated with the number and then enter that figure into the phone. Seriously!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you jokers :p if I were to say sell the gun out as parts which part is the one that would require a FFL to sell out of state.

:D
mcb

·
Registered
93 Posts
Then you get to spin in a circle three times chanting "I love the Buckeyes" throw your wallet and check book out the front door and wave it the nice Gov Taft (Jerk) as he drives bye and picks them up.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just used Turbo Tax. I telefiled twice in Ohio and then I started using my computer. Cost a touch more but so much easier.

mcb

·
Registered
298 Posts
mcb said:
I just used Turbo Tax. I telefiled twice in Ohio and then I started using my computer. Cost a touch more but so much easier.

mcb
Use the number in front of the trigger gaurd.

I use turbo tax for my income tax too. I have to file sales tax every week for my business though and that has to be done by telephone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts