• other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so im waiting on my SBR tax stamp for my 10.3" CMMG ar15
well i have an idea of what kind of free float i want on it. i know for sure im getting a Yankee hill machine (YHM). there are three differnt ones im thinking about and i wanted your advice on which one you guys think looks best and any pros and cons you can think of.

OK so the first two have a low profile gas block with a flip up front sight that is on the forearm as you can see. But option #3 has a flip up sight gasblock

so is there any advantages of having a integral gasblock/front sight (like #3) or is the forarm mounted one going to be pretty much the same. one good thing about option 1 and two is i can remove the sight if i wanted to. on #3 i wouldnt be able to without switching gas blocks.

so besides the mechanicle stuff which one looks best? Also feel free to post other forarms but it has to be either specter length or mid-length i DONT want a carbine one.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no votes yet?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
It depends on what optic you are putting on it.

:D

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It depends on what optic you are putting on it.

:D
eotech hopefully but if not then some other red dot holographic sight but most likely an eotech

·
Registered
635 Posts
I don't own an ar, but #1 looks at least 10 years ago, #2 looks mall ninja tacticool, and #3 looks sleek and functional without looking gaudy.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't own an ar, but #1 looks at least 10 years ago, #2 looks mall ninja tacticool, and #3 looks sleek and functional without looking gaudy.
that was very well put

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any other input?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Whichever one is the lightest.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry. couldn't resist...:cool:

well an ak sbr is next that is IF i have the chance. i wanted an ar-15 SBR first since i like them more.
but i would like an underfolder AK SBR if i get one

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whichever one is the lightest.
#1 is 12oz

#2 is 12.9.oz

and im waiting on YHM to tell me how much #3 weighs, it wasnt listed.

but i bet it will be very close to #1 and maybe just a little lighter since it has less area because of the cut out for the front sight.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Other. Whichever is the lightest you can afford.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You gonna put a VFG on that shooter?
it depends on the balance point. i might just do a magwell grip but if it balances forward of that then i will get a VFG on it

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I voted for the middle one (#2).

Don't know why but I like the looks of those rib cage forearms. I say that because that is what it reminds me of, a rib cage. :lol:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YHM also came out with this one, i like it alot but they didnt have a suitable pic i could use to photoshop it into an SBR. but it would look very similar to #2

1 - 20 of 23 Posts