Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to carrying and have learned one thing as the summer begins to evolve: I absolutely can't stand carrying my beloved 3.8 XDm when it's hot. I've tried different combinations of holsters, shirts, positions, etc. and I'm over it. So, my beloved XDm will be a luxury for the 7 or 8 cooler months of the year.

So. Gun show is next weekend and I'm thinking of picking up a used pocket SA for shorts carry. Any suggestions? I'm being very illogical about this but I don't actually want to spend much money on it even though it's not like I'll need a LESS dependable firearm just because it's summer. But my budget won't allow for an XDSC or or an SR9C.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Ruger LCP or LC9, Taurus 85 revolver. Chsrter Arms makes cheap revolvers too, although experiences are mixed

I will stay away from Kel-Tec's after many bad & unreliable experiances.

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Love my LCP - perfect size

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Kel-Tec PF9 is literally the most bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Over a 1000 round through my Kel Tec P3at and still going strong. IMO greatest bang for the buck out there for hot summer time carry. It's so good that Ruger felt the need to make a clone of it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I agree with the keltec pf9.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Over a 1000 round through my Kel Tec P3at and still going strong. IMO greatest bang for the buck out there for hot summer time carry. It's so good that Ruger felt the need to make a clone of it.
And Kel-Tec's new .22 magnum polymer pistol was stolen and copied as well. Of course, they have come to a complete hault & stopped shipping ANY of them. Had to take it back to the drawing board. You would think cloning a working design would mean KelTec's would work...but it doesn't

My P3at broke twice, one mag shattered. My Ruger is flawless with several hundred rounds. That is several hundred more than the 3at. CS was horrible.

With Critical Defense rounds, I feel ungunned a little by the .380. But it's my backup piece and will go bang accurately when I need it. For hot summer concealed carry, practice on shot placement brother!

OP, you could get a CZ-82 for under $190. That is serious bang for buck.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Gotta love TX summers.
If you think concealing an XDM is bad, try an HK USP 45 fullsize LOL

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I carry a Ruger LCR .357 loaded with .38 special +P year around in my pocket...I love it.

That is my choice.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Whats the smallest 9MM semiauto made ? not that I don't like the .380 but I already reload for 9

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Rorbaugh I believe is still the smallest.

I'd much rather spend about half of the price and get a PM9. you get real sights and a slide stop. It's a little bigger than most of the small 380's out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts