Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks-

did some searching so if I missed a relevant thread please do forgive. I have a number of XDM's- all of which have drop in PRP trigger kits. I've just bought a 5.25 .40 S&W and I'm considering getting an easy fit. Is it worth the difference in $? What is the does anyone have both and can tell me the difference the sear brings in the easy fit over the drop in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I have the ultimate match in my 5.25. Breaks like glass and smooth as silk

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I put the ult match in mine. Need to adjust it a bit more - I've found in cold temps (sub 50F or so) it wont' fire. Something is 'shrinking' .. been 2 years so I'll have to read up on the installation.
As I recall you have to file something to clear the grip safety and I got mine to clear,just, and left it at that.
Only shows up in the first couple of matches I shoot in the spring. It's not an EDC piece so I don't lose sleep over it.

Made a huge improvement over the stock trigger.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas....the drop in was night and day and I was considering moving to gthe easy fit but cant easily see the diff.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Drop in all the way. Easy to install and unless you are a competitive shooter you won't know the difference. Smooth trigger. Did it myself and my smith was even impressed how smooth it was with no adjustment. But to each their own. I like easy button.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an XDM 9MM 5.25. I used the drop in trigger kit from PRP. It was very easily done. Just watched youtube video- the best is by Georgia Shooter. It was much easier to install that the spring kit for an XDS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Folks-

did some searching so if I missed a relevant thread please do forgive. I have a number of XDM's- all of which have drop in PRP trigger kits. I've just bought a 5.25 .40 S&W and I'm considering getting an easy fit. Is it worth the difference in $? What is the does anyone have both and can tell me the difference the sear brings in the easy fit over the drop in?

Thanks!
So in reading over your post, I noticed you mentioned the sear. The easy fit kit and the drop in kit do not contain a sear. The drop in kit as you know has the selection of springs that comes with it to achieve the pull weight/feel that you desire.

The easy fit kit only contains the new trigger, striker safety lever, trigger spring and sear spring. This kit requires you to remove the excess material from the back of the trigger.

Personally I would just stick with the drop in kit as it has more options and does not require the removal of the excess material on the trigger over travel stop. Plus it has the additional springs to help you get to your desired feel or pull weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts