Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently own a SA Loaded 1911 in stainless steal and use it as my carry weapon. Although I am able to conceal it, I would still prefer something a tad smaller. I really like the Sig Equinox in 45, which it is about .5" shorter and around 10 oz lighter. I know it's all up to me, but which would you rather own as a primary carry/range pistol? I'm not going to have both, so that's not really an option. Just looking to see what others think about this. If you have another suggestion, what is it? Looking for the top price to be around $1000 or so. I would also like to stay away the polymer framed guns in this instance.

·
Registered
366 Posts
what about a smaller version of your 1911?? everything's the same, operationally, plus small 1911's are freakin' SWEET!!

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
tough call, what exact model do you have ?

this is the 1911 i have my heart set on.

Springfield 1911-A1 45acp 4" Stainless (Champion)

4 inch.

are you looking at a brand spanking new sig p220, or a used one?

looked up the p220 on buds it says the over all length is 7.8 inches with a 4.4 inch barrel

i dont see it being a huge difference

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tough call, what exact model do you have ?

this is the 1911 i have my heart set on.

Springfield 1911-A1 45acp 4" Stainless (Champion)

4 inch.

are you looking at a brand spanking new sig p220, or a used one?

looked up the p220 on buds it says the over all length is 7.8 inches with a 4.4 inch barrel

i dont see it being a huge difference
I meant it has a shorter barrel than my 5" 1911. I would be picking up a new one if I end up going with the Sig.

Here is my 1911:

I paid $800 for it new.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Ohhhhhhh Thatsnice! Can't wait to get my Equinox!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wich pistol would I rather have? Hmmmm...................The SIG Equinox, Hands down, but thats just my opinion.

BK

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
both are damn good choices. I would stick with the loaded, or go with a colt Defender. the defender was what i was going to buy if i didn't get such a sweet deal on my XD.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
When I am not carring my XD9SC, I use my SA ultracompact (officer sized 1911). It has never failed me and has been more reliable than my Colt Gold Cup.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you look close you can see the 220 on the slide.
Here is a better shot from the Sig website.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So what is the difference between the one that was just posted compared to the 45 Equinox?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Equinox does not have the beavertail rear frame or the front cocking serrations. And the Equinox does not have the new SRT "short reset trigger". ( approx 3mm reset for quick double taps )

Don't get me wrong , I love the Equinox models. They are limited-run "custom shop" pistols, and everyone should own at least one.
The finish tends to wear & scratch easily so they're better left on the nightstand. Also the nickel finish on the controls might require a little extra care.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I really like the looks of the Equinox, but really prefer a 1911. How about a similarly finished pistol, Kimber Eclipse--available in 3 sizes:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Equinox does not have the beavertail rear frame or the front cocking serrations. And the Equinox does not have the new SRT "short reset trigger". ( approx 3mm reset for quick double taps )

Don't get me wrong , I love the Equinox models. They are limited-run "custom shop" pistols, and everyone should own at least one.
The finish tends to wear & scratch easily so they're better left on the nightstand. Also the nickel finish on the controls might require a little extra care.

So what is the one pictured called? This would be a carry gun, so a sensitive finish is not very appealing. I also like the feel of a beavertail.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I really like the looks of the Equinox, but really prefer a 1911. How about a similarly finished pistol, Kimber Eclipse--available in 3 sizes:mrgreen:

+1 on that, those are sweet. Have shot one in 10mm! But it was the full size.

Also, my buddy has one of these Kimber - Continuing The Legacy
I told him he needs to leave to me in his will.....sweetest short 1911 I have fired.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts