Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered an Ultimak for my WASR-10. Which optic goes with it the best?

I have heard that Aimpoints are the absolute best in this situation.

Which model? I have heard that the Micro T-1 and the ML3 work best.

What do you guys know?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I personally don't like magnification on a red dot style optic....so something with no power magnification.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
All I can say is, if I had an ultimak on an ak..i'd probably put a bushnell holosight on it.

It's basically an Eotech.

I'lll agree on preferring no magnification on a red dot/holo sight.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the CompM2 do a true co-witness or is it a lower 1/3 co witness?

Did you have to buy a special low mount for it?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Well, Aimpoint sights are the ones that Ultimak has tested on their rail. I've heard unconfirmed rumors that Eotech risks damage from the heat radiating from the rail.

I like the out-of-the-way aspect of the Micro T-1. And the CompC3 is a comfortable price.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I don't yet have an AK, so I can't say for sure. The AK I have on layaway will be equipped with the ATI Strikeforce package which offers a top piccatiny rail. Since all the Aimpoint products have unlimited eye relief, you're good to go. For co-witnessing, it works great on my AR. As for the AK it would probably depend on the right mount.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I don't yet have an AK, so I can't say for sure. The AK I have on layaway will be equipped with the ATI Strikeforce package which offers a top piccatiny rail. Since all the Aimpoint products have unlimited eye relief, you're good to go. For co-witnessing, it works great on my AR. As for the AK it would probably depend on the right mount.
The ATI strikeforce set is a good one. I also like the fact that not only is it a collapsible buttstock, but a folder as well.

Maybe its' my older eyes, but the aimpoint or especially the microdot does little for me. Especially way up front in a "scout" mounting position. My eye's just don't pick up on them well at all, though I do pretty good with the Eo reticle.

I seriously doubt that with either the Eo or AP you'll be able to cowitness with them no matter which mount you used. They both sit up too far and will block the rear sight altogether because they sit so low on the gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1) EOTech or Bushnell won't co-witness. Look at this picture and see how high the glass is: EOTech + UltiMAK + Aimpoint 3x magnifier on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
2) EOTech works fine on UltiMAK rails. The batteries may fail from heat; ask yourself, though, how many aimed shots will you be taking and how fast? If you're dumping drums on full auto, you'll melt the rifle (and the optic).
3) Aimpoint optics cowitness just fine. I have a Comp M3 and a Micro that I've mounted and they work great. Bryan UltiMAK MAK90 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
The SPOT Mark III red dot is a great optic for a reasonable price.
Whatever happened to the Haako blue ring AP clones that everyone used to recommend?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts