Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at replacing the ILS in my Springfield Loaded Parkerized. I've already looked through m1911 forums for the thread that shows springs and parts I need. I want a flat, probably with checkering or serrations. Just about all of them say steel/blued. None are steel/parkerized. Blue usually has a significantly different finish appearance than the parkerized SA frame. Do any match? Looks like Wilson Combat, Les Baer, and Ed Brown have MSH's I'm eyeing...

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
None are really parkerized....I have Smith and Alexander MSH/Magwells on all of my 1911's.

I have the flat/blued checkered on both of my 1911's.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I have an MC Operator - covered in Armory coat. I bought a blue steel wilson magwell - and then I sent it off to CCR Refinishing to be ceracoated black to match the rest of the gun. If you want it perfect, U may need buy one and send it somewhere to be refinished.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I switched to a Ed Brown 20lpi blued w/ mag well on my park'd 1911 and couldn't be happier.

Doesn't look out of place at all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I did some looking around, found one made by Guncrafter, on their website, actually lists it as parkerized not blued as the catalogs do.

No fitting required, slid right in perfectly.

The texture is great, much improved over SA's vertical grooves!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts