Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking a Mora would work good to be in my car survival set. Cheap so if it is stolen it doesn't hurt bad but still great knives from what I have heard. I went to buy one on Amazon and noticed all of the different models. Which one is the one everyone raves about? I want it.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
The beauty of Mora is that you get a good user for a great price.
If you lose or break it, you're out under $20. I've not broke one, they are decent knives for chores/camping/backpacking.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
They're so cheap why not get both the Companion and the classic red wooden handle? The Companion is more practical and has a better sheath, but the wood handle version has a feel nothing can compare with. If you really want the original, get the unpainted wooden handle knife with the real laminated steel. Double the price of the standard knive, but has better steel than tacticool knives costing $200+. Hell, even the standard knives made by Morakniv have better steel than just about everything out there.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I got the companion. My question, what is so great about this knife? It seems rather plain to me, not full tang.... so whats the big deal?

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
So I got the companion. My question, what is so great about this knife? It seems rather plain to me, not full tang.... so whats the big deal?

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2.
Because for a very low cost, you have a knife that you can use for every chore but chopping.
They hold an edge decently, and are easy enough to sharpen quickly.

Not sure where the hell I am...

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mora Companion.

In it's plastic sheath it clips to the side of an M4 ammo pouch that carries my small, personal survival/FAK. I like carbon steel since it's super easy to keep it sharp. I have cleaned/skinned several deer with it and the carbon metal does stain, but clean it with your favorite metal polish (Flitz works great) and the stains disappear. Bought it at Smokey Mountain Knife Works a long time ago for under $10.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like the Morakniv 2000.

Feel free to make your own leather, nylon or kydex sheath to taste...

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
+1 on the Mora Companion. Can't beat it for the price and it is a high quality knife. I need to get some for the garage and workbench. Handy to have around.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mora Bushcraft is another choice. Very similar in shape to the Companion but with a heavier blade costing about three times the price.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Looking at what some of them are going for now, I think I'd give Becker and Condor a long hard look too.
true, all good knives

Some of the best value are high carbon blades , edge retention and durability met at much lower cost

dont forget the glock knives

when is SA gonna make an ultra durable knife BTW ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts