Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at two Gerber machetes and needed help deciding.

I'm between the Gator

and the new Bear Grylls

·
Registered
95 Posts
To me the Gator looks more practical . . . I'd go for the gator.

·
Registered
328 Posts
This is what I'm looking for in a machete.
Zombie Tools Backwoods Bone Machete!:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
What about the Danny Trejo kind??? Now that is one pissed off mexican Machete!! :twisted:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would go with a Condor Machete, a little more money but a lot of quality :twisted:
Condor Tool & Knife

Or for a cheap price and Great product there is the Tramontina, for 30 bucks you can get the 5 pack of different machetes :twisted::twisted:
Tramontina Machetes Brazil
Condor seems to have a few different versions, most don't seem to be too much more at all. What makes them better quality compared to the Gerbers?

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
damn it you beat me to danny trejo! f it, im posting it anyway.

this kind!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Condor seems to have a few different versions, most don't seem to be too much more at all. What makes them better quality compared to the Gerbers?
BLADES are made from English 420 HC (High Carbon) surgical quality Stainless Steel or German 1075 High Carbon Steel and are heat treated and annealed to about 52-54 Rockwell for the machetes (a measure of hardness) and 56-58 for the knives. Every edge is hand finished and polished to razor sharpness.SATISFACTION GUARANTEED if for any reason you are not 100% happy with the performance of any of these products, simply return with postage paid to Condor® Tool & Knife, with dated proof of purchase for a full refund.

I have 2 of the Condor Puerto Rican Machetes, gave one to my dad and he said it reminded him of the ones he used in Puerto Rico when he was younger. We had some small tornadoes rip through here last year and all we had were these machete's to clear tree's and brush and they got the job done in a breeze. Cut through everything like butter. Both of these maker's of the machete's are highly rated amongst the blade forum's.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I've got a 22" Meyerco machete, and a 12" Meyerco machete/axe.

They both are full tang grip, and have thick, heavy blades that keep an edge, and handle heavy brush very nicely. The handles have a nice feel and protect your hands, too.

The machete/axe has a 1/4" blade and can chop heavy branches. I've used it to split small logs for firewood, too.

The 22" machete also has a saw blade across the top that works well for limited use on small trees and branches.

Walmart.com: Meyerco 12" Combo Axe/Machete: Hunting

Walmart.com: Meyerco Machete 22" Blade with Sheath: Hunting

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I have a SOFfari 13" machete. It packs easily into my GHB bag. The ESEE Light Machete is a good one.

And there is also the Junglas. This thing is beast for a 9" blade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts