Springfield XD Forum banner

201 - 220 of 233 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,535 Posts
I'm just picky cause I'm lefty. BM Axis spoiled me so don't care for many thumb locks so that wipes out about 80%. I would get a CR lefty Sebenza... But just not a lot of need. Love my auto Presidio for EDC. And for something a little less/nicer...

My Auto Micro Tech UDT
20180208_193837.jpg

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
If they ever Wave the Sebenza I'll be ballers like you guys.

I'm still stuck on my Endura 4 though. It's been called a gas station knive by people who aren't knife guys but hell, they're not wrong mostly because it's been a design bootlegged for 25 years.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Carried this for a while.

I'm mostly messing around to see if my Imgur account will let me 3rd party host or not...

OH! This reminds me that I've gotten another, bigger D2 karambit from the same company that made that one. It appears to be of just as good build quality for 40 bucks off Amazon too...when it's better weather, I'll get some pics of it and the Cold Steel SRK I got last week.

·
Premium Member
17,721 Posts
Carried this for a while.

I'm mostly messing around to see if my Imgur account will let me 3rd party host or not...

OH! This reminds me that I've gotten another, bigger D2 karambit from the same company that made that one. It appears to be of just as good build quality for 40 bucks off Amazon too...when it's better weather, I'll get some pics of it and the Cold Steel SRK I got last week.
STOP SPENDING MY MONEY

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
STOP SPENDING MY MONEY
The ring on the new one is a little tight.

MASALONG Outdoor Survival Claw Tactical Teeth Knife Double Edged Sharp Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath (Sand Light-kydex Sheath) Amazon.com : MASALONG Outdoor Survival Claw Tactical Teeth Knife Double Edged Sharp Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath (Damascus Full Tang) : Sports & Outdoors

MASALONG Outdoor Survival Spine Very Thick Tactical Easy Concealable Sharp Finger Hole Knife with Sheath D2 Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074K5151B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_y.4sDbHVNH61K

Build quality is pretty damn impressive for the price on them still.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I used to carry my old buck knife, but I just bought a new Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn and I love it! Just curious as to what everyone else carries/utilizes.

kershaw emerson wave cqc 4kxl left hand set to open ice pick grip lefthanded in a heartbeat for getting folks off me right appendix xdm.

·
Registered
11,608 Posts
Zero Tolerance 0470. Got it for my birthday. This is a really nice flipper. Love the KVT bearings, makes opening fast and smooth. I really like the marbled CF inlayed in the titanium handle. It adds another dimension. Overall, it is classy looking and rock solid.

0470.jpg

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Zero Tolerance 0470. Got it for my birthday. This is a really nice flipper. Love the KVT bearings, makes opening fast and smooth. I really like the marbled CF inlayed in the titanium handle. It adds another dimension. Overall, it is classy looking and rock solid.

View attachment 687109
That’s nice. I’ve had my eye on one of those for a while but haven’t snagged one yet. Agree on the ZT bearing system, can’t beat it.

Reactions: Hollow Point

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I was at Gander Outdoors today, checking out their sale stuff, when the guy behind the gun counter that I've talked to a few times says "You're back!" Then he proceeds to tell me that they literally just got the message that the 40% sale is now 50% off. So that changed things. I headed back to the knife counter to look at something I previously almost justified at 40% off, but couldn't pull the trigger. But at 50%....

Resized_20190923_165711.jpeg

Zero Tolerance 0770 CF. I've been wanting a ZT for a while now, ever since seeing some of yours on this forum, and at half price, this was a hair under 100 bucks. I'm never going to find it that cheap again, and once the lady handed it to me to try out, I knew it was coming home with me. I'd never opened a ZT before, and even though I've had flippers and assisted open knives before, the way this opened.... it's definitely next level quality. The balde is as long as my Esee folder, but the handle is quite a bit thinner and shorter, so when I took the Esee out to put this in it's place, it just felt so much better in my pocket. Like it wasn't even there. I kept wanting to take it out in the grocery store afterwards. That said, the only negative thing I can possibly say about it is that it clips tip-up, which is not my preferred carry orientation. I might just have to get used to that. I think it might be one that I just carry on special occasions, though. I would hate to lose it or have it stolen.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I was at Gander Outdoors today, checking out their sale stuff, when the guy behind the gun counter that I've talked to a few times says "You're back!" Then he proceeds to tell me that they literally just got the message that the 40% sale is now 50% off. So that changed things. I headed back to the knife counter to look at something I previously almost justified at 40% off, but couldn't pull the trigger. But at 50%....

View attachment 705869

Zero Tolerance 0770 CF. I've been wanting a ZT for a while now, ever since seeing some of yours on this forum, and at half price, this was a hair under 100 bucks. I'm never going to find it that cheap again, and once the lady handed it to me to try out, I knew it was coming home with me. I'd never opened a ZT before, and even though I've had flippers and assisted open knives before, the way this opened.... it's definitely next level quality. The balde is as long as my Esee folder, but the handle is quite a bit thinner and shorter, so when I took the Esee out to put this in it's place, it just felt so much better in my pocket. Like it wasn't even there. I kept wanting to take it out in the grocery store afterwards. That said, the only negative thing I can possibly say about it is that it clips tip-up, which is not my preferred carry orientation. I might just have to get used to that. I think it might be one that I just carry on special occasions, though. I would hate to lose it or have it stolen.
Wow, that's sweet. Under 100 bucks? You stole it.

Is it the assisted opening?

I'm a big ZT fan, for the money they make an outstanding knife. This is my EDC ZT (when not at work), an out of production 0560 one side G10 one side machined titanium. It's a beast.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Wow, that's sweet. Under 100 bucks? You stole it.

Is it the assisted opening?
Not totally sure if it's assisted or not. It's got some spring to it. All I know is, when you flick it open, it opens with smooth authority and then comes to a firm stop. They had 3 other ZT's there. Two were I think 0350s. The other might have been a 0462CF? It had a regular price of like $230 so even half off would have only been 120 or so, but it was longer than this 0770 and had a more dramatic shape to it. The 0350s were out in the front of the case shelf and they were only 150-ish, so 75 bucks after the sale and I briefly considered one of those, but they looked huge. Then I saw the 0770 in the back. Part of me wants to go back and handle the 0350 and maybe get one for a daily driver and save the 0770 for a weekend car.

Edit: Just had a thought while I was sitting here. What's the opposite of buyer's remorse? Because that might be what I'm feeling right now. :)

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
Not totally sure if it's assisted or not. It's got some spring to it. All I know is, when you flick it open, it opens with smooth authority and then comes to a firm stop. They had 3 other ZT's there. Two were I think 0350s. The other might have been a 0462CF? It had a regular price of like $230 so even half off would have only been 120 or so, but it was longer than this 0770 and had a more dramatic shape to it. The 0350s were out in the front of the case shelf and they were only 150-ish, so 75 bucks after the sale and I briefly considered one of those, but they looked huge. Then I saw the 0770 in the back. Part of me wants to go back and handle the 0350 and maybe get one for a daily driver and save the 0770 for a weekend car.

Edit: Just had a thought while I was sitting here. What's the opposite of buyer's remorse? Because that might be what I'm feeling right now. :)
You made the right choice, I’ve got an 0350 and it’s nice but you did well. I’ve got an 0300 they don’t make anymore, it’s a beast of a knife that I much prefer to the 0350

201 - 220 of 233 Posts