Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as I get my new .40 Tactical, I want to get a 9mm conversion barrel for it. I plan to use the conversion for cheaper practice, and some production class shooting. I'd like to hear some opinions on which barrels are the best for the money.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Production class USPSA? From what I understand, an aftermarket CONVERSION barrel will take you out of production class. You can not change calibers in your gun and remain production, only switch to an aftermarket barrel of the same caliber.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip...I hadn't thought about the change in caliber affecting the production class. I looked in my USPSA rulebook under "US Appendix D9 - US Production Division" to make sure, and it states in rule 21.3 that "Replacement barrels allowed provided that barrel length is same as original factory standard. Heavy barrels and/or barrel sleeves not allowed". That was the only reference that I could find about changing barrels in Production class.

To reduce confusion at any major matches, I will probably shoot .40 in Production, but I will also try to get a better clarification from the USPSA office.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have lots of ejection issues with my 9mm conversion from EFK. It's ok for range work, but I wouldn't trust it with my life. Stock .40 barrel is flawless.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I do alright with a Bar-Sto 9mm in my .40. Expansion of the barrel made the fit a little too tight, but after some breaking in things move smooth.

T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts