Springfield XD Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've got a some what supply of rifle and pistol ammo as long as I don't go to the range which I miss going to. So hopefully within a year ammo will be available and the price come down. Was looking at getting a Savage tactical 110 in 6.5 creedmore but holding off on that one

·
Registered
I have a few
29 Posts
That is Fing gouging. A few yrs ago a box of 22cal,500 count was 10-15 dollars a box. I still have a few boxes. That is 100-150.00 wow. That's 1345.00 overpriced and I'm sure the gun store gets them cheaper than we do, BAD GUNSTORE !!!

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I have plenty 9mms, but when I wanted a 1911, it had to be 45 ACP.
You still rockin' the Ronin?
I'm still looking... I'm not as maniacal about it as l was a year ago, but still looking. 😔

BTW, if anybody cares, the OP made this one thread and ghosted... he hasn't been back.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
You still rockin' the Ronin?
I'm still looking... I'm not as maniacal about it as l was a year ago, but still looking. 😔

BTW, if anybody cares, the OP made this one thread and ghosted... he hasn't been back.
Yes I am. Loving it more every time I shoot it. Put another 116 rounds through it earlier this month. After some malfunctions on my first range trip, it has been flawless since. Right at 542 rounds through it now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
9mm from a 1911 seriously agrees with me. There's next to no recoil and I tend to be more accurate when shooting 9mm from the 1911 platform. I've 45ACP, 22TCM, and 10mm 1911s as well. My favorite is 10mm, but I'm the most accurate with 9mm.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What I don't understand how the frame and grips on my Sig P220 feels thicker then on the 1911's. Both are single stack magazines

·
Registered
570 Posts
OP, hope you're really interested and not just another one of those guys who joins, posts once or twice on a subject that gets people to arguing a bit and never visits the forum again.

Having said all that, I too think the .45 acp is THE cartridge for a 1911.

The frame isn't made right to really get a decent number of 9MM or .40 S&W rounds into a magazine. Lots of 9/.40 pistols out there that will work great for that and shoot just as good as a nice 1911. I know a lot of people say nothing beats a 1911 trigger. I've got a couple CZ SAO pistols in .40 that will raise your eyebrows when the hammer falls before you thought you'd pulled it hard enough/far enough.

10MM? Not sure, again, that the frame is really right for that cartridge (same OD as the .40, but longer). Other pistols out there that will be very similar in size/weight and carry more rounds in the magazine. I don't own a 10. Got enough .45's.
I have 1911s chambered in 9mm, 10mm, 40 and 45acp. All have functioned well and been accurate.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts