Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which nonadjustable model number HKS magazine speedloader works best with full-size XD-9 magazines?

940 for the Browning HP, Sig Sauer and Ruger type magazines?
or
941 for the Beretta 92 type magazines?

My guess is the 941 since the Beretta has a thick base pad like the XD mags. I think the Browning mags only have a flat metal base.

HKS needs to get with the times and list its speed loader for the XD magazines.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I got the 940 and it also works pretty well. Sometimes the base of the mag slips out but it is really no big deal. Maybe I will take a dremel to the loader to better accomodate the base of the mag.

I bought the 940 because I didn't know any better and the 941 was not available. Oh well, it still works and much better than loading my magazines by hand.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the 941. Doesn't quite work right with XD mags. It can be made or modified to work. I think I will return it and get the adjustable model. What's with HKS? No phone number on product package or website.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update - I carefully cut the next to the last stop out with an xacto type hobby knife. The plastic is soft and cuts easily. The thicker magazine base pad now fits flush in the bottom stop of the HKS 941 speedloader. Works great. I would like to see HKS offer a magazine speedloader for the XD magazines or list it for one of their existing models.

·
Registered
28 Posts
XD-9Service said:
Update - I carefully cut the next to the last stop out with an xacto type hobby knife. The plastic is soft and cuts easily. The thicker magazine base pad now fits flush in the bottom stop of the HKS 941 speedloader. Works great. I would like to see HKS offer a magazine speedloader for the XD magazines or list it for one of their existing models.

BINGO ! I did the same over a year ago, using my Dremel hobby tool with a high speed steel cutter. Much like a milling operation, it took about 2 minutes and looks like it was made that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts