Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple choices

1 dpms oracle .223 AR
2 Saiga 7.62x39
3 RIA 1911 .45
4 Taurus model 65 .357 4" bull barrel.

I have no need for any of these but this is a WANT buy. They are all in my price range but I really cannot decide. I asked the wife and she says IDK, she was real helpful. I need opinions??? I do not have a semi auto rifle yet or a large caliber handgun? Which is best for the value and which will I regret buying????

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I have a couple choices

1 dpms oracle .223 AR
2 Saiga 7.62x39
3 RIA 1911 .45

I have no need for any of these but this is a WANT buy. They are all in my price range but I really cannot decide. I asked the wife and she says IDK, she was real helpful. I need opinions??? I do not have a semi auto rifle yet or a large caliber handgun? Which is best for the value and which will I regret buying????
well I can input on 2 of those.. the ria is a good choice (I love mine)or if you want flashy . citadel.. there made in the same factory as ria. and taurus... im sure I will get a backlash for this but .. I have owned 2 taurus revolvers both were fine for a few hundred rounds then they started to shave lead and Ive heard multiple complaints about taurus lead shaving problems... needles to say there down the road. take it as you wish .. im sure ppl have had taurus guns that have no such problems.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Go with the RIA 1911, because it's silly to shht them twice.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Saiga 7.62x39

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
1ar
2 citadel (rias premium model another 50 bucks)
3saiga
4 I wouldn't but its one of the guns that taurus makes that I never hear complaints about to each their own.... once you have the citadel the wanting of this one will ebb a lot just saying.

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
I have a couple choices

1 dpms oracle .223 AR
2 Saiga 7.62x39
3 RIA 1911 .45

I am not a big fan or DPMS or Taurus. I don't know much about RIA. But I do know that Saiga's are good so that would be my pick. I love mine.
Pat

·
Banned
82 Posts
I am not a big fan or DPMS or Taurus. I don't know much about RIA. But I do know that Saiga's are good so that would be my pick. I love mine.
Pat
I'm with Pat! 1911 hands down! :cool:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She will shoot anything she shoots my Weatherby vanguard .308 without an issue I don't think she will have a problem with any of them except maybe the .357

·
Registered
769 Posts
The 357 should be ok using 38 loads to start with. Heavy barrel should help. 4'' barrel probably isn't ported.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Substitute a S&W M&P15 AR for the DPMS and you have a winner, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was thinking that but what about the polymer lower is it crap or is it reliable??

·
Registered
838 Posts
I was thinking that but what about the polymer lower is it crap or is it reliable??
The lower is aluminum. Only the .22 M&P 15 is polymer. It gets rave reviews from it's owners and is a quality rifle.;)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Substitute a S&W M&P15 AR for the DPMS and you have a winner, IMHO.
As stated on another post I picked up my M&P SPORT this week and gave it a test drive. I only fired a few rounds, just to sight in. Very smooth and the owner of the LG Store where I bought it has one. Great price

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the dpms sportical, i bought it a couple years ago during the obama gun scare and it was the only thing i could get locally and put it in the safe. I always felt like i bought second best just make sure i had something. After thinking about selling it and buying a real AR, RRA Bravo Company, etc, i took the dpms to the range with a wally world red dot and shot it. About an inch size groups at 100 yards! I put a magpull moe handguard and houge grip on it, added a vtac sling and nikon 1x4 scope, and for less than $1000 total investment this has become my primary predator hunting rifle. I thought the trigger stunk compared to my RRA trigger, but now that i been shooting and using the rifle regularly i actually like the factory trigger. Right now people are practically giving away these rifles as there is a glut of them on the market.

I think that if you want an AR style weapon you will not be dissapointed and that right now you can get a great price on this one.

Eventually you will want to get them all!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I would go with the RIA. Love mine, I have about 800 rounds through mine without any problems.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts