Springfield XD Forum banner

Which grip insert do you use on your XDm?

Votes: 20 32.8%

Votes: 31 50.8%

Votes: 10 16.4%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I liked my .40 XDm (the first one I had), but I really liked the way my 9mm XDm fit my hand. Both were used when I bought them and I just never checked. When I got my new XDm .40 4.5" and 3.8" Compacts this week, I looked closer at the grip inserts. My 9mm has the #1, .40's had the #2, so I swapped them all out with the #1's. They all feel perfect now! Which do you use, and have you at least tried the others (or just kept the factory mounted #2 on it)?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I thought that the #2 that was on both my 3.8 9mm and the 4.5" .45 felt really good when I got them. So I guess I never really felt the need to monkey around with the swap out to see what the others felt like.

·
Registered
755 Posts
i use #1 and pretend its a single stack

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
I get a good purchase on my 9 and my 40 with the factory installed #2.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I actually tried the #3 for the first time shooting it, because I have bigger hands, but i will be trying to swap it out for the #2 and see what kind of results I get.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The interchangeable back strap grip inserts was one reason why I bought the XDm. No sweat removing the no. 2 insert with the recommended 3/32 roll pin punch. The pin came out with a few nice gentle tap right to left and back in with the no. 1 insert the reverse way. One of many reasons why I love my new handgun!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Still using the #2's on mine. The grip feels good so I didn't bother swapping them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
On my 9mm XDm compact I am using the no. 1.

Got a possible/pending trade for my no. 2 mag extender for a no. 1.

I still got my no. 3 large mag extender for some one with a un-needed no.1

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been using the #2 grip on my XDM 45, but just swapped 'em out for #1's with a Hogue sleeve. We'll see how it works at defensive pistol this weekend............Also added two small pieces of skateboard tape to the rear slide sides. Now it racks super easily,....even w/ a fully loaded mag.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
#3 sanded down so my Magwell will fit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
#2 with a pachmayr tacticle grip glove

1 - 20 of 20 Posts