• Cobra Coat

• Gunkote

• DuraKote

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last poll messed up so here we go agian. I dont want to spend more than $60 so what kind of coat should I have done? I have an XD40 4" with the OD green reciever. Also comments including color would be great. I was thinking either gunmetal silver or just plain black. Vote up

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R/T Performance said:
No armory or chrome????
I voted gun kote because my blue is so awsome
I read a post of yours that said that your armory coat had all kinds of scratches but didnt wear through. I was thinking about getting the same silver as you have since it looks awesome but after reading that it scratched easy I avoided it.

Also I dont like chrome. To flashy and I like low profile/military looking stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
A sandy tanish color looks great with the od green.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
1-XD9er said:
I'm trying to get my slide Gun Koted in either blue or gray if [email protected] Creek or [email protected] Iron would ever contact me back :roll:
Rich was at a match and your going to copy me :roll: if you get the blue buy some laquer stick from ajames :D
tfo's two??and maybe a nice trigger job money well spent 8)

·
Registered
94 Posts
R/T Performance said:
1-XD9er said:
I'm trying to get my slide Gun Koted in either blue or gray if [email protected] Creek or [email protected] Iron would ever contact me back :roll:
Rich was at a match and your going to copy me :roll: if you get the blue buy some laquer stick from ajames :D
tfo's two??and maybe a nice trigger job money well spent 8)
Of cours, then we can be twinkies :lol:
Really though, that blue does look really nice

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see lots of Cobracoat votes but no reasoning. Please provide some feedback on why you think it is the best. Thanks guys

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
stretch415 said:
I see lots of Cobracoat votes but no reasoning. Please provide some feedback on why you think it is the best. Thanks guys
I voted for Cobracoat just to see the poll results. You can't see the results without voting. My real vote is for whatever you decide on. My personal choice would be the coating this can take a lot of holstering and reholstering without wear on the slide.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
one-eyed-fatman said:
stretch415 said:
I voted for Cobracoat just to see the poll results. You can't see the results without voting. My real vote is for whatever you decide on. My personal choice would be the coating this can take a lot of holstering and reholstering without wear on the slide.
That I would like to know too. Hopefully someone will know right off which is the best for this.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the link OEFM. Looks good but almost to shiny for what i want. That is gunkote too?? So people who apply gunkote rename it and thats were all these other names come from? I think Im set on the gunkote stuff. Especially for $36. Should I have the barrel done too?

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Black chrome is the hardest finish (that we can afford) you can apply that isn't to shiny as far as I know. There is a black titanium finish that can be applied but we don't want the price to cause us heart problems now, do we? Very expensive.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
stretch415 said:
Thanks for the link OEFM. Looks good but almost to shiny for what i want. That is gunkote too?? So people who apply gunkote rename it and thats were all these other names come from? I think Im set on the gunkote stuff. Especially for $36. Should I have the barrel done too?
No gun kote on barrel would be bad

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
R/T Performance said:
stretch415 said:
So just leave it how it is? Nobody has rust problems on the barrels do they? I noticed on the front finger grooves on my slide I have a small amount of rust running verticle on all the grooves.

So just do the slide and be done?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
synchro said:
Missing option...None of the above. Get a coating from Robar.
$95 seems like alot even if it is good. I am going with Macs for $36 in regular black. Anybody have pics of a OD frame with a gray slide?? Or should I just do black?

·
Registered
268 Posts
R/T Performance said:
stretch415 said:
Why would it be bad on the outside of the barrel? Just wondering

1 - 20 of 22 Posts