Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting my XDMc soon and had a question. I am planning on getting a IWB holster and a OWB holster w/ retention for eventual open carry. I like the Blackhawk CQC serpa holsters. I have read on here that you can use the one that fits the XD because they don't make one for XDM. My question is for an XDM with 3.8 barrel would i get the regular XD one or the one for XD subcompact? Any of you guys use this holster with 3.8 XDM ? Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
I bought the standard XD Serpa for mine. I also have a 3.8 Compact. It fit a little loose, but not bad. I added some moleskin (the archery stuff) to the inside to protect the slide. I've heard of using the loop side of some sticky velcro too. It fits perfect now. The holster is maybe 1/4" longer than the barrel. I might cut it down, but it's not a big deal, since it's not a concealment holster. Mine is model 410507BK. I heard they are working on an XDM model, but didn't want to wait.

·
Registered
502 Posts
BTW: opticsplanet.com had the best price.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I use a cqc when I open carry my sc40. I took about 3/4" off with a hacksaw. The extra length was buggin me.

I use a don hume 715h for iwb.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't wait for the xdm one to come out I just got the one for xd. Let me ask anyine who has one what is the plastic piece square, one inch by bout 3/4 inch with a hook piece. What is this for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts