Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a xd-40 and Im wondering if you could all help pick a good brand of ammo for me. Ill be using the gun at the local range for the first couple of weeks. I plan on shooting about 250 rnds every weekend about a 1000 a month. I got a budget of about 100-125 a month for it. Girl laid the rules down on that for now lol :oops: .Im working on that. Any help will be greatky apreciated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
moongoose26 said:
I got a xd-40 and Im wondering if you could all help pick a good brand of ammo for me. Ill be using the gun at the local range for the first couple of weeks. I plan on shooting about 250 rnds every weekend about a 1000 a month. I got a budget of about 100-125 a month for it. Girl laid the rules down on that for now lol :oops: .Im working on that. Any help will be greatky apreciated.
Winchester White Box seems to be the choice for many. I've put reloads, Remmington, WWB, Blazer and Wolf through my XD9 without problems from any of them. Blazer is the cheapest around here for me @ $3.89 a box.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
moongoose26 said:
Being that cheap will they cause me any problems???
No, not at all. Before I started reloading, that's all I ever shot. Probably close to 15,000 rounds with no problems.

·
Registered
595 Posts
WINCHESTER White Box is new and quality ammo. It costs less at places such as Wal-Mart because it is bought from Winchester in huge quantities. Besides, it's not like .40 ammo is very expensive to begin with.

·
Registered
62 Posts
here in baton rouge, we still can't buy ammo at walmart, so academy is the next best choice. WWB in .40 is $10.87 (give or take a couple pennies) and blazer is $9.83 (that's for box of 50 in both cases). shot my xd-40 today for the 1st time, only one box each of WWB and blazer, but not a single problem with either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts