• Federal

• Sellier & Bellot

• Remington

• Cor-Bon

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
WWB for range. If I carry, it's either the Federal Premium Personal Defense or the Hornady XTP loads.

Olgord

·
Registered
53 Posts
WWB For target...Speer Gold Dots for carry..

Cowboy

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Voted Federal, but then realized that that's only what I carry. I shot WWB alot, then started buying CCI Blazer Brass b/c it's a bit cheaper.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
speer gold dot JHP 40 s&w and Georgia Arms .357 sig Gold Dot JHP/ cnanned heat FMJ

·
Registered
688 Posts
I chose other. I use WWB, Wolf & NATO Ammo. I don't like to discriminate. :lol:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
CCI Blazer in 9mm from Academy. There is no 9mm ammo cheaper anywhere (at least not for civilians) not including reloading.

brad cook

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Most often, for practrice, I use my own reloads. For competition matches, I use Winchester, PMC or S&B. For carry, Corbon, Federal or Speer--and Doubletap!

·
Registered
539 Posts
wwb for me... only shoot at the range so thats all i use. No ccw and i'm not a cop yet.. so havent gotten any defensive loads.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Good ole bargain priced Wolf Ammo.
I don't see any smoke, I don't smell anything funny, not dirtier than other ammo, It doesn't jam my gun, I shoot the can and it jumps. 8)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Eric_Oh said:
wwb for me... only shoot at the range so thats all i use. No ccw and i'm not a cop yet.. so havent gotten any defensive loads.
Yeah, but you have a home, right? What if the BG brings the confrontation to you?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Eric_Oh said:
No ccw and i'm not a cop yet.. so havent gotten any defensive loads.
What does being a cop have to do with buying defensive loads? Are they banned in your area or something?

brad cook

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Digme, I can answer that question for you as that is the county I was employed in and once lived in: NO.

Eric_Oh can buy any defensive round available in any of the gun stores in L.A. County. Turners Outdoorsman is a chain located in that county and nearby ones also and they sell numerous brands of defensive ammo.[/code]

·
Registered
239 Posts
WWB for me. I just shoot at the range. Where I live, there is no need for CCW or Home Defense. In my 21 years in this town, there has not been one robbery while the home owner was there. Plus I don't feel comfortable having a loaded gun in my house. I have yet to have an AD/ND and I intead to keep it that way.

Now if I lived in the city thats an hour away, I would definately CCW. They got some weird people there.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Scnozzer-xcd-9, I am glad you don't have a loaded gun in your house since you wouldn't feel comfortable doing so. With that mindset, it would be dangerous for you and anyone in your house for you to have one.

Regarding your statement there is no need for HD just because there has never been an incident in your 21yrs, doesn't mean there isn't any need. It just means nothing has happened yet. That is the same attitude I use to see in fellow leo who would fail to wear a vest during dayshift because nothing ever happens on days to warrant it.

Also, I frequently took auto burgarly and auto theft reports from people who told me, "I left my car unlocked for 5 years and no one ever did anything to it." I used to tell them, "Well, this incident today just wiped out those 5 years of nothing happening. You should have locked the doors." Never got beefed either, because they knew I was right.

Do what's right for you, hopefully nothing will continue to happen in your town and please don't ever get a gun if you continue to feel the way you do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts