Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this is the forum for ammo cans. Let's kick it off. Which is your fave?

brad cook

:wink:

·
Registered
308 Posts
DigMe said:
Ok, so this is the forum for ammo cans. Let's kick it off. Which is your fave?

brad cook

:wink:

GI .50 Cal???? :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
For sheer storage, I gotta go with the .50 can. But for carrying ammo out to the range and whatnot, a good 5.56 can can't be beat.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
anyone I can get my hands on. However, if I had to choose, I prefer the ammo cans from this....

P

·
0 Posts
plastic lockable boxes with handles that come from Bass Pro for about five dollars

the premium kind with engraveable nameplate and cushiony handle is more like eight dollars --- I don't have this kind

·
Registered
200 Posts
WHat's wrong with the cardboard boxes my WWB comes in? Add some duct tape and that SOB is gonna last at least 3 or 4 range trips.

UD.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lol...Hey, nothing is wrong with ducktape, but some of us like being gadget whores. As long as you get it to the range, I don't think it matters. Besides, the whole point of getting all the ammo is to get out there and use it. Don't let it lie about!!! SHOOT it!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, while you're in the mood to offend out furry-loving-tree-hugging buddies, I'll bet you don't even use that "Green" amo or whatever it's called. The stuff that has no lead in it. I love clean fresh lead in my ground water. Lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
UberDuper said:
WWB boxes and a walmart plastic bag is what I use. TAKE THAT TREE HUGGERS!

UD.
+1 Thats what I did till last week!
I just bought a "range" bag from Home Depot, "Husky" brand. Its meant for tools, but it has several pockets all the way around the outside that fit ammo boxes perfectly, and it holds more ammo than I can shoot in a day. Leaves plenty of room inside the bag for my cases, targets, and eyes/ears.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I use .50 caliber cans for storage at home and when I go to the range I throw ammo in a tool bag, or if I'm taking a lot of ammo I take an empty .50 caliber can and start loading it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
mr0w1 said:
For sheer storage, I gotta go with the .50 can. But for carrying ammo out to the range and whatnot, a good 5.56 can can't be beat.
Standard 840 capacity 5.56 ball round ammo cans are the same size as standard .50 cal. and 1000 capacity 9mm ball round cans. It is the .30 cal. can that is small.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like to squirrel ammo away in those giant metal 20mm cans. I also have a 155 mm RR wood crate I use for misc. stuff.

I use .30 cal cans to trasport ammo to and from the range thought.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts