Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I dunno about the CZ but i haven't been too happy with the Sig. i would recommend a High Standard or a buckmark. or even a Walther P22 or Sp22

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Neither, I like the Walther P-22

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I don't have either of them so I can not comment. I do have a P22, Ruger MK II Target Model and a Colt Target model. Of those three the Ruger will out shoot them all.

You get what you pay for in 22 pistols. The P22 is a lot of fun and functions fine. I put a laser sight system on it and my wife is now claiming it as her pistol.

The Ruger is on the way to be threaded for a suppressor. The Colt as always sits ready to shoot a possum, Raccoon or Skunk if they take up residence in the barn.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you already have a CZ pistol just get the Kadet conversion kit and fit it to your favorite CZ and enjoy.

Mine has been flawless and very fun to shoot and since only a portion of the slide is coming back for recoil it makes for a very accurate and stable platform.

I have not handled a Sig Mosquito but have not heard any really good comments about it either.

-Albert

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
i have the sig. and i can not complain at all... the newer models are sup to be 'bug' free... and so far.. mine has been! great accuracy too

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
A lot of the early Sig Mosquitos were not very reliable. Tons of problems and only marginal accuracy. My understanding is that Sig has worked hard to correct those issues and that the newer models are much better. A friend of mine got one about a year or so ago and after 500 rounds of jams and other problems and words with Sig...he sold it and bought a Ruger .22 which has been a good pistol.

While I have seen the CZ's...I haven't fired one and can't comment on the quality of their construction, reliability, etc., but if it is like CZ's other stuff, it is GTG.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Don't know about the CZ. I like the P22 but it feels like a toy compared to the SIG.

A friend just bought a SIG and had nothing but trouble with CCI. It fired Remington Golden fine, but CCI would jam ever 2nd or 3rd round.

I have had little trouble with the P22.

That's all I know.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I don't have the CZ but I have two other CZs and expect the Kadet to be very good. My Mosquito is flat out great with good accuracy out to 100yds and way less than 10 jams in about 1500rnds fired. The Walther is it's equal just smaller and with the reliability mods will probobly last forever.
And as I have said before GSG makes the Skeeter not Sig.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
How bout a browning Buckmark... I love mine... accurate out to 100yds too :D
I'll second that ... The Buckmark is under-rated IMO ... Nice, Simple, Accurate ... What more could you want.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But Buckmark is an american brand? Not sure if they're available over here but I'll check it out. Walther P22? Too small in my hands (feels like a toy) and I heard its zink slide wears like crazy and it needs some mods in order to work properly.. CZ75 kit..yes, it would be great..but in that case I'd rather get the 9mm version and afterwards the kadet kit.

I don't know..thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
But Buckmark is an american brand? Not sure if they're available over here but I'll check it out. Walther P22? Too small in my hands (feels like a toy) and I heard its zink slide wears like crazy and it needs some mods in order to work properly.. CZ75 kit..yes, it would be great..but in that case I'd rather get the 9mm version and afterwards the kadet kit.

I don't know..thanks for the input guys!
Skeeter slide sure isn't steel either, the P22 longevity mods are easy.
It's a toss-up except for size.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Get a Ruger MKII or MKIII. There is a reason why they are so very popular - they are very, very good!

Or - get a S&W Model 41. Great gun!

Or - IF you already have a Sig centerfire pistol, look for one of the .22lr conversions that are coming out.

Chapie+

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I love my Sig, BUT, the suggestion of a CZ75B in 9mm with a conversion kit to the Kadet sounds like agood plan. I have a CZ75B compact and it is an incredibly underrated weapon.

My vote: CZ

1 - 20 of 27 Posts