Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Infidel#1 said:
that's nothing new. I knew it all along. 8)
Ammo for against anti gunners

·
Registered
138 Posts
I always wondered why "the people" in every other amendment meant individuals and not the 2nd... (because some people want us disarmed)

·
Registered
758 Posts
The DOJ's opinion is just that, an opinion. If it ever ended up in court, which I am not going to hold my breath for, they would still have to argue their point to the judges.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The Drew said:
I always wondered why "the people" in every other amendment meant individuals and not the 2nd... (because some people want us disarmed)
Me too. It's strange how 'the right of the people' is magically different for the 2nd amendment to the anti-gunners.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The Drew said:
Just clicked your link http://www.rationalistparty.org/, and got this (Did this get hacked too?):

This site is defaced!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm generation 19.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
MrTuffPaws said:
The DOJ's opinion is just that, an opinion. If it ever ended up in court, which I am not going to hold my breath for, they would still have to argue their point to the judges.
That is very true. The DOJ is a law enforcement agency. Their legal opinion means as much as that of any other law enforcement group. Which is essentially nothing.

You can ask your local Sheriff to interpret the Constitution. He or the cop on the beat is equally qualified.

This is not to say they are right or wrong. Just not qualified to make a decision. They are entitled to express an opinion, which is what they did. So can anyone. We read opinions here all day. Opinions don't mean or change any laws unless they come from the people who have the power to do it. Not even the President of the United State's opinion means one bit in this area. If it did, abortion would be outlawed, Christianity would probably be our official religion, evolution would not be permitted to be taught in schools, gun control laws might (or might not) be done away with, etc. The power to go to war would not require the consent of the congress, and on and on.

*18 Dec 2000 --- "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier... just so long as I'm the dictator."
*http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/presidents/george-w-bush/

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah... we got hosed too... unfortunately I'm not the one with the backup so I kinda got to wait on him... sorry for any inconvienence...

I'm kinda having withdrawl from the site...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts