Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for an NIB XD45 4" bitone so i had a question for anyone living in Indiana. I live on the East side of Indy and was wanting to get opinions of the best place to buy this gun. I am looking for the best price I can get so if you have bought one recently for a good price in Indianapolis where did you get it and how much. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if you have come across any good deals for it on any online forums please send me a link...I guess i could do it that way also even tho i have no idea how to do the online firearm orders.
thanks

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Also if you have come across any good deals for it on any online forums please send me a link...I guess i could do it that way also even tho i have no idea how to do the online firearm orders.
thanks
Fordmanchris, I saw this in one of the other threads the other day. So I went over and checked it out. He seems to have some really good prices. Check him out ( GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction ) and good luck. donxd40

Gun Man
XDTalk Newbie

Good price for xd??????????
I saw this seller on Gun Broker known as supohunter. Price are really good on Springfield XDs and I believe that there was another seller with really cool prices as well on Gun Broker. Question has anyone bought from them before?:confused:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fordmanchris, I saw this in one of the other threads the other day. So I went over and checked it out. He seems to have some really good prices. Check him out ( GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction ) and good luck. donxd40

Gun Man
XDTalk Newbie

Good price for xd??????????
I saw this seller on Gun Broker known as supohunter. Price are really good on Springfield XDs and I believe that there was another seller with really cool prices as well on Gun Broker. Question has anyone bought from them before?:confused:
Thanks i appreciate the help i will check it out...what is the process in doing an online deal like that??

·
Registered
913 Posts
You purchase a gun from the seller and they'll ship the gun to an FFL dealer in your area to do all the necessary paperwork for Uncle Sam.

Chris

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Thanks i appreciate the help i will check it out...what is the process in doing an online deal like that??
I have not yet done an online deal myself. I do know that you will have to join the site and have a local FFL Dealer to accept the gun for you and there would be a fee charged by them for accepting the gun and doing the paperwork for you, so check around to get the best deal as the prices vary from dealer to dealer. Other than that I am not sure. But from everyone that I have talked to about it says that (if you have done your homework) and found a really good deal that you will generally save at least $50 to $100 over a local sale even after the shipping and xfer fees.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not yet done an online deal myself. I do know that you will have to join the site and have a local FFL Dealer to accept the gun for you and there would be a fee charged by them for accepting the gun and doing the paperwork for you, so check around to get the best deal as the prices vary from dealer to dealer. Other than that I am not sure. But from everyone that I have talked to about it says that (if you have done your homework) and found a really good deal that you will generally save at least $50 to $100 over a local sale even after the shipping and xfer fees.
Sounds fairly easy...I might just have to go that route. Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
The process is easy...

1 - Find your FFL. You can use this - GunBroker.com FFL Holder Network

2 - Contact your FFL by phone or in person, just to verify he is still doing business etc.

3 - Purchase your gun and give the seller the details and contact info of your FFL.

4 - Contact your FFL give him the purchase details and contact info of the seller.

(The FFL and the seller do their work here....)

5 - Your FFL calls and says, "Your gun is here." You smile, leave work early and go pick it up. :)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The process is easy...

1 - Find your FFL. You can use this - GunBroker.com FFL Holder Network

2 - Contact your FFL by phone or in person, just to verify he is still doing business etc.

3 - Purchase your gun and give the seller the details and contact info of your FFL.

4 - Contact your FFL give him the purchase details and contact info of the seller.

(The FFL and the seller do their work here....)

5 - Your FFL calls and says, "Your gun is here." You smile, leave work early and go pick it up. :)
Sounds easy enough...very informative thank you for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
fordmanchris, I live in Indy as well. I don't tend to make purchases from the local dealers, but I do like to go to the INDY 1500 Gun and Knife show(s). Lots of dealers = lots of competition = better prices. Unfortunately the last one was just this past weekend. Next show isn't until January, and it does cost $8-10 to get in.

I did talk to some nice guys from a shop that I'm not familiar with, Plainfield Shooting Supplies: 3735 Shady Lane, Suite C, Plainfield, IN 46168. (317) 839-6095. Actually, I ended up purchasing a Ruger MKIII Hunter from them. Their price was = to the best price I could find online.

I have used gunbroker.com before. I had a very pleasant experience and would do it again.

Good luck, I love my XD. Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts