1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the boards, so hi y'all.
Love my XD, need more mags.
I find that my LEO mags with pearce extensions will give me 14 rounds,
but non LEO mags with same extensions only give me 13.
I don't know why, but I'm seeking LEO mags as a result.
Anyone know where to get them ro ANY hi-cap XD mags?

How are the promags?

And why did SA only make a handful of mags for the XD? Can't find them ANYWHERE!

Also, are there any grip/decals that aren't permanent?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome and best of luck finding mags, especially the LEO mags you mentioned. My friend called SA and they said it would be about 6-8 weeks so he went ahead and ordered 2 from them at $24.95, I think the price is close. If you don't mind the wait, SA is the way I went and some others as well. There are many decal grips available but the most popular is the bike tube grip, IMO

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
what hi cap mags for .40 cal or 9mm..40cal are 12 rounds and 9mm are 15 rounds for service and tactical models {4"or5"}
Sub-compacts are 9 or 10{3"}
I personally found 12 round .40 cal in Springfield armory packaging at Gander Mountain {sporting goods store}
I had a 10 dollar off a 50 dollar purchase card{only reason I went their}
Take your pick on the tape\grips all are removable unless you have stippling done.Myself somebody gave me skate tape works good

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Happy? :D Someone has been emailing people with listings in either gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com asking what they would sell three for shiped and getting good deals.
Only way to get more than 12 is pierce +2 =14 Don't no haven't tried
or promag makes like a 30 round or somthing yes 9mm will work with a couple less rounds
If you do a search you will find many post on this topic 8)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I purchase the last Hi-Cap XD-40 magazine the Mentor, OH Gander Mountain had. I know have five magazines but I want 2-3 more before the next IPSC match. I will probably just order a few of the SA 10 rounders since in the production class your only allowed 10 rds per magazine. Anyone know a good source for the 10 round magazines? Are there any realiability issues with the 10rd magazines?

mcb

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
That's what pistol-gears web site says (+2 for 9mm +1 for 40S&W/357Sig) but I am pretty sure that I have heard of a few shooter managing to get +2 in 40S&W. Not sure I don't have one.

mcb

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have some of the skate tape decals on my Comp XD. It was a little tough on my hands at first, but my hands got used to it. I think you can get those at pistol-gear for under $10. It is a lot like sandpaper, but it really is easy to hold on to.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I ordered 4 HI-CAP 40S&W XD mags from Springfield and got them about 1-2 weeks later. $24.95 each. I think with shipping it came to around $108.00 for four.

I also ordered the SC HI-CAP with the sleeve but those are going to be a little while longer.

HTH

·
Registered
885 Posts
I called up and ordered on the phone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts