Springfield XD Forum banner

Where to get Ranger T besides Proload????

11K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  hotpig 
#1 ·
Specifically 165 grain .40 RA40TA

#4 ·
jayw547 said:
Specifically 165 grain .40 RA40TA
Email this guy: jwkpatrick@yahoo.com

He's a reliable and trustworthy source that supplies many people on GlockTalk, The Firing Line and The High Road.

Here are his latest posted prices:

RA380T - 380acp 95gr - $21.00
RA38110HP+ - 38 special 110gr+P+ - $18.50
RA9T - 9mm 147gr - $18.50
RA9TA - 9mm 127gr+P+ - $18.50
RA9124TP - 9mm 124gr+P - $19.00
RA40TA - 40s&w 165gr - $20.00
RA40T - 40s&w 180gr - $20.00
RA357SIGT - 357sig 125gr - $21.00
RA45T - 45acp 230gr - $22.00
RA45TP - 45acp 230gr+P - $22.00
RA223R - .223 55gr soft point - $10.00

brad cook

#7 ·
willbond said:
Nexd, your answer, while not viperous or rancorous was possibly pretentious and definately passive-aggressive and too....uhhhh......little, man. I'd be willing to bet he's looking for an online or local retail source. :D
They do mailorder too :)

#10 ·
Black talons were the original winchester line of Law Enforcement ammunition. They featured six petal design, nickel case, and were coated with lublox (or is it lubalox?) anti friction coating. They in no way shape or form actually defeat bullet proof armor - yet this was one of the huge arguements to end the line of the black talon. Another arguement was from surgeons saying they did not want to operate on a gun shot victim that had been shot with a talon, as it increased the risk of being pricked/cut open while removing the bullet and being exposed to diseases.

Moving along winchester dropped the black coating and now the Ranger T ammo is in its third revision of the black talon original design. Still features six pleats, nickel case, etc. One thing I have noticed about this "brass" is that its somewhat weak. I split a few cases reloading them - they had only been fired once before. Somewhat odd. Other cases are doing fine.

The SXT line is a eight petal design. It works no where near as good as the 6 petal design Ranger T and black talon. It should be noted, that Ranger T and black talon are marked as Law Enforcement Ammunition, the case says Law Enforcement Only ammunition etc. Winchester says it is perfectly legal to purchase and own this ammo. BUT, the dealer can lose its distributorship if found selling to civilians only. Their thinking is they want LE's to have first crack at the ammo, not joe schmoe.

As Brad mentioned, contact Jerry Kirkpatrick. He is reliable and a pleasure to do business with. I believe he accepts checks and money orders. Tell him how much ammo you want and your zip code so he can quote you the price with shipping.

#14 ·
http://www.doubletapammo.com

That would be another option. I havent tried the .357 SIG ammo or the .40 yet, but the 10mm is something fierce. Looks like the .40 will launch at 1200 FPS out of a 4" barrel. Sounds pretty good to me. Think I need to order up some .357 SIG and see how I like that.

Doubletap ammo uses the speer gold dot and a custom low flash powder for anyone wondering.

#18 ·
FatMatt1981 said:
well are they ammo that you can get at "every corner gun store" or are they some phantom leo ammo
You should be able to find them if you look around a little.

#20 ·
Ctkelly said:
The SXT line is a eight petal design. It works no where near as good as the 6 petal design Ranger T and black talon. It should be noted, that Ranger T and black talon are marked as Law Enforcement Ammunition, the case says Law Enforcement Only ammunition etc. Winchester says it is perfectly legal to purchase and own this ammo. BUT, the dealer can lose its distributorship if found selling to civilians only. Their thinking is they want LE's to have first crack at the ammo, not joe schmoe.

That is quite odd. All of the boxes of my SXT are of the 6-petal design. I have the 127gr 9mm and 230gr 45ACP +P. I don;t know where you are getting 8 petals from.

-Dana

#22 ·
"That is quite odd. All of the boxes of my SXT are of the 6-petal design. I have the 127gr 9mm and 230gr 45ACP +P. I don;t know where you are getting 8 petals from."

Win's. odd website doesn't have decent photo's to compare both bullet types but the LE Ranger T-Series comes in a different box than the black box "Supreme" T-Series does.
Oddly again both are mk'd. "SXT" but they only list 147 gr. 9mm for Supreme while Ranger lists 127 +P+.

Only .45/230 +P listed is Ranger T-Series.

Judging only from their current listing maybe you do
have Ranger LE ammo?

http://www.precisiondelta.com/winchester/rangertseries.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.