Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like to pick up a lower receiver, but nothings available, anyone know of any good deals? I regret so much not buying one in January when I was originally looking. I just want something reliable and nicely machined, not gonna be fired a lot, mainly for the experience and to have a rifle.

I see Essential arms is shipping them now and dirt cheap, but I have read mixed reviews. Any one have any ideas? I am in Texas if that matters, Thanks
John

·
Registered
21 Posts
places that lowers are in stock.
POF USA
LaRue
Spikes Tactical
these are higher end lowers though

DPMS and RockRiver are about 8 months behind. Go to Ar15.com you'll find tons of lowers for sale.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will look at those thanks. I really wanted a DPMS too. So basically thats gonna mean most dealers wont have any and would need to order from DPMS or RRA respectively so its basically finding whomever has the lowest markup? Ive seen a lot of come and go dealers around here so its also gotta be a dealer that'll be around in 8 months

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got 3 from Essential Arms and they showed up 3 days later, here in Houston. I've put one together so far and everything about it is perfect. No different than my DPMS or CMMG lowers.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If essential arms is shipping, but it. Unless you're getting a custom-machined billet lower, they're all the same.

It's very rare to find a forged lower that's not in spec these days. Just get what you like/can find, and build on it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
rsb5772, on your build, did you have/need any special tools? also, are you saying that almost all lowers are th same?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I have two Essential Arms receivers. Both of them are great in the fit and finish.

Kent

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Id like to pick up a lower receiver, but nothings available, anyone know of any good deals? I regret so much not buying one in January when I was originally looking. I just want something reliable and nicely machined, not gonna be fired a lot, mainly for the experience and to have a rifle.

I see Essential arms is shipping them now and dirt cheap, but I have read mixed reviews. Any one have any ideas? I am in Texas if that matters, Thanks
John
The negative that you heard about Essential was likely unjustified. I haven't heard a single problem with EA's lowers (And I know a BUNCH of people that use them).

In fact, here are some pics of my new lower from EA... Check it out... Custom Engraving done by Mike at Custom Engraved AR15 Grip Plates - Personalized AR15 Assault Rifle

I did the color fill myself with some testors model paint. Took all of about thirty minutes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
rsb5772, on your build, did you have/need any special tools? also, are you saying that almost all lowers are th same?
All I used were a pair of Channel Locks, Allen wrench, razor blade, small hammer and punch. Depending on the buttstock you choose, you will also need a flat head screwdriver or a buttstock/AR tool. It's much easier than you would think.

Yes, they're all the same. Pick a rollmark that you like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The negative that you heard about Essential was likely unjustified. I haven't heard a single problem with EA's lowers (And I know a BUNCH of people that use them).

In fact, here are some pics of my new lower from EA... Check it out... Custom Engraving done by Mike at Custom Engraved AR15 Grip Plates - Personalized AR15 Assault Rifle

I did the color fill myself with some testors model paint. Took all of about thirty minutes.

That looks good, did you get the Anodized or the Tough Coat or whatever they have?

·
Registered
679 Posts
3/32, 1/8, and 5/32 punches really helped me with my build. Using them as a drift on the trigger assembly.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I have seven EA lowers. They are good-to-go! :D

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I wish essential arms did online ordering not all phone stuff.
The reason for that is because Essential Arms has what we like to call "Customer Service". I wish more companies did over the phone ordering only. Maybe then we, the consumer, would be customers and not order numbers.

Sure, there are some companies that still believe in old fashioned customer service while using the most up to date ordering systems but for the most part, customer service in the firearm industry has gone the way of the dodo.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts