Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the title says it all. I have started to like this stuff. Rather than using a dedicated solvent and then a lube, I usually just let it soak for a half hour or so for cleaning, although I still lube my AR with mobil 1. My walmart only sells CLP in 4 ouncers, and I believe they are $7. That seems rather steep. Anyone know better places?

I am also somewhat open to making a homemade recipe in bulk. If anyone has a good recipe for a CLP they would not mind sharing, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I've been picking it up in a 12 oz can at my local gun shop for eight bucks, I use so little of it so I don't buy often. Safari land is the make . Idk if that helps.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been picking it up in a 12 oz can at my local gun shop for eight bucks, I use so little of it so I don't buy often. Safari land is the make . Idk if that helps.
The Walmart is safariland. To be honest I don't think I've seen a clp around that wasn't safariland.

That is an excellent price by the way. Wish I could find it for that.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I scored a 12 oz Can of Breakfree today for $7.85 plus tax at WalMart

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Well the title says it all. I have started to like this stuff. Rather than using a dedicated solvent and then a lube, I usually just let it soak for a half hour or so for cleaning, although I still lube my AR with mobil 1. My walmart only sells CLP in 4 ouncers, and I believe they are $7. That seems rather steep. Anyone know better places?

I am also somewhat open to making a homemade recipe in bulk. If anyone has a good recipe for a CLP they would not mind sharing, it would be greatly appreciated.
I will have to check the price I paid, but I bought my last bottle from Amazon I believe and it wasn't an aerosol. It was a pint bottle with a sprayer on it like window cleaner. I don't like how CLP aerosol sprays so I use it in a pump up olive oil mister which sprays it finer and makes it last a long time. BTW, Mobil 1 will not go through an olive oil mister in a fine mist but it will dump out onto your hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts