Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team Glock, Team CZ, Team Smith and Wesson, I've seen all of these teams on Shooting Gallory and Shooting USA in Professional Competition , but where are the XDs!:confused::(:mad::eek::evil::-?:cry::shock::!::?:

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I'm in! Say the word, Cap'n.:cool:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Team Glock, Team CZ, Team Smith and Wesson, I've seen all of these teams on Shooting Gallory and Shooting USA in Professional Competition , but where are the XDs!:confused::(:mad::eek::evil::-?:cry::shock::!::?:
His name is Rob Leatham, TGO (The Great One) and he doens't need a team, he is that good (bum knee and all.) ;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
His name is Rob Leatham, TGO (The Great One) and he doens't need a team, he is that good (bum knee and all.) ;)
Indeed Rob is all SA needs!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think the only two gun manufactures that don't have a team are SA and Para-Ordinance. It would be rather hard to back up either Rob or Tod but it sure would be fun. Not to mention working with a couple of the nicest guys in the business.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But when ever I'm watching shooting Sports Programs on the Outdoor Channel, I see no one shooting XDs. On a program a few weeks ago held at Smith & Wesson, Rob was shooting a Springfield 1911 style pistol chambered in 9mm. Others were shotting M&Ps, Glocks, CZs the... I don't know guys maybe it's me.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Rob is a team.
Amen to that. So much for the Army's/Army Marksmanship Unit's claims to being "An Army of One." ROB IS THE ORIGINAL ARMY OF ONE!!! :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I agree with you guys Rod is from another planet., but where are his XD Pistol? Maybe he will start using the new XDM Pistols soon.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Most of the time Rob is shooting an SA 1911 because that is where the major competition is. He promotes and demos the XD line for SA because that is part of his job but his major job is to promote Springfield Armory and that means shooting the 1911 in competition.

I was lucky enough to spend a whole day with Rob a little over a year ago when the range where I shoot had a Springfield demo day. If I remember he shot three demos during the day and nearly all of his shooting was with a 1911. His carry gun is an XD9SC but his competition guns are all 1911s.

You ask why, because that is where the competition is! XDs are relegated to only one division in IDPA/IPSC while there are several divisions which are open to 1911 pistols. USPSA is not quite as restrictive but the major competitions are IDPA or IPSC.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Rob uses a XD .40 Tactical for his USPSA Production competitions.

Equipment - USPSA Production

That's on his site, which isn't updated too often.

You guys need to move out this way. If I get to the range early I can usually watch Robby shoot, as he's at our local steel match every Tuesday.

Third match I ever shot he was ROing me for 3/4 stages. You want to talk about a FNG getting a little nerve wracked, try doing unpracticed malfunction clears under the clock with TGO standing behind you watching everything your doing:shock:!!

Now I just see him as a guy that puts his shorts on one leg at a time that I can be like if I commit to practice and training.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rob uses a XD .40 Tactical for his USPSA Production competitions.

Equipment - USPSA Production
That is one SWEET looking gun!:) Ok guys I understand now I guess. It's just when these other guys are shooting Glocks, M&Ps, etc. I see no XDs. Maybe I just haven't been fortunate enough to see The Legend use an XD in comp. He does an outstanding job with the promos, especially with the ones on the XDM. Rob is The Man, The Legend and cetainlly not the myth.:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts