Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Lots of stuff in play with the idea of testing. If we are going to test apparently healthy people who ask for a test or require one for work, then somebody needs to put some effort into determining the infection rates of the two very different populations (the other population is suspected to have it due to symptoms or certain exposure). Only then can we start to get a handle on how many people have been infected. The people who get really sick are much more likely to be retired and are over-represented in a rate calculation for those with symptoms, but probably under-represented in the population that feels healthy and gets a test anyway.
I am going to throw out numbers that are pulled out of thin air just to illustrate. Let's say we have a city in Florida with 1 million people, 100,000 of them retirees. Let's say 2% of that population gets tested and half of them end up being positive. That would be 1000 infections. Now, let's say 100,000 of the remaining population is strongly encouraged/required by an employer to test. They find 5 positives (makes sense because they have been told not to even try to come to work if they don't feel well). What's the real rate of infection for the city? It isn't 1% (older retirees), nor is it 0.005% (healthy people getting tested).

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
The average age of infected people is dropping.

In Florida, average age was 60 and now it is 37.
Same is happening in Texas.

Younger people aren’t having as severe cases as older people.

The biggest risk here is, especially with younger people that have it with little to no symptoms, they will risk spreading it to their parents or grandparents.

·
Registered
293 Posts
First off, how accurate are the tests? Just like the deaths attributed to covid, I don't trust the numbers.
Second, if it's only those who are feeling symptoms that are getting tested, how is it all the sports players are turning up positive? It's because they are testing more people, symptoms or not. Florida is testing like 30k a day. Are you telling me those people all feel symptoms? BS. How many people have the flu but never know it? Hundreds of thousand's and probably millions. The CDC, Fauci, Brix, et el. all change their minds and haven't a clue as to what spreads the virus, how you can pick it up, or if a mask does any good. Stop listening to the media blow this out of proportion, get on with your life, and if you feel sick or are over 70, stay home.
82% of the deaths here in MN are people over 70. Why? Because just like Cumo in NY, Walz put infected people into nursing homes. The US would be under 100k deaths had it not been for poor decisions made by governors of NY, MN, NJ, WA, to put infected people into nursing homes.
Remember, the Hong Kong flu killed over 100k in 1968 and no one batted an eye. We had about 200 million people back then so the death rate per capita was far higher than today.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
How many less would die of the flu each year if we wore masks more during the winter?
I mean seriously, we had to have ads telling people to not sneeze across the room and how to wash your hands.
I don’t know why the act of being safe and thinking of others is such a taboo. It’s the same with workplace safety, it’s all a big joke. They’re just trying to keep you from dying, but whatever.

Faucci already said was told to lie about masks early on because we knew that healthcare didn’t have enough, and if the whole country rushed out to buy masks then healthcare would not get them.

Sports players aren’t getting tested because they want to, they are being forced to or not play anymore.

People will be sick whether we test or not.

I’d rather know it than let them walk around infecting other people.

How many times does it have to be explained that you can have this virus and be contagious without actually feeling sick.

I suppose it’s okay to just continue not caring and potentially go around spreading it to those that are at risk.

If my dad (at risk) came down with it tomorrow and died I would always wonder if I had it with no symptoms and gave it to him last Monday.

We were going with the flow and starting to ease up our own actions regarding it.
Now that it is growing again we are going back to isolation when possible.

When you get away from Fox News you realize that every other news outlet in the world is saying it is growing.

But yeah, the rest of them probably are liars, only one of them is right.
Because that makes sense.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
How many less would die of the flu each year if we wore masks more during the winter?
I mean seriously, we had to have ads telling people to not sneeze across the room and how to wash your hands.
I don’t know why the act of being safe and thinking of others is such a taboo. It’s the same with workplace safety, it’s all a big joke. They’re just trying to keep you from dying, but whatever.

Faucci already said was told to lie about masks early on because we knew that healthcare didn’t have enough, and if the whole country rushed out to buy masks then healthcare would not get them.

Sports players aren’t getting tested because they want to, they are being forced to or not play anymore.

How many times does it have to be explained that you can have this virus and be contagious without actually feeling sick.

I suppose it’s okay to just continue not caring and potentially go around spreading it to those that are at risk.

If my dad (at risk) came down with it tomorrow and died I would always wonder if I had it with no symptoms and gave it to him last Monday.

We were going with the flow and starting to ease up our own actions regarding it.

When you get away from Fox News you realize that every other news outlet in the world is saying it is growing.

Exactly. It’s all fake news except fox. The rest of the world are sheep. Fox watchers are so enlightened. I can’t wait till November. Trump loses, and all the idiots can climb back under their hate rock. Americans are in trouble. And the right keeps perpetuating conspiracy nonsense because it’s easier than excepting that their savior is a train wreck of a liability.

But, but, Hillary’s emails..
This country needs a hate cleanse

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Exactly. It’s all fake news except fox. The rest of the world are sheep. Fox watchers are so enlightened. I can’t wait till November. Trump loses, and all the idiots can climb back under their hate rock. Americans are in trouble. And the right keeps perpetuating conspiracy nonsense because it’s easier than excepting that their savior is a train wreck of a liability.

Hope November turns out the way you want, you seem unprepared for the alternative.

Me, if I were to come up with some Machiavellian way for Trump, with all his faults, to win the election I'd pick an opponent like Biden who's going to without a doubt look old and feeble in a debate. Then I'd have the left go crazy, burning, looting, tearing down statues so Trump can be the candidate of law and order. Funny how things are going.

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Fox news makes an easy target, for folks watching CNN and MSNBC and wanting to think they're the "clever" ones.

None of the things I posted about the virus or the actual numbers are from Fox, I don't watch any cable news.

Yes, Fauci, before we put his face on Rushmore, did admit they lied about the masks. Nice. Let's all remember to do whatever the State tells us to because they're always right.... And people are shocked, SHOCKED, that the media and the governments pronouncements are doubted.

BTW, after all the deaths in NY do you know that today, right now, the smaller state of NY still has a higher weekly death rate than Florida where things are supposedly a mess? Is that the message you're seeing from the news sources of the clever?

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Cant wait til Nov and DT wins by a landslide and all you liberals head go

Used up all your impeachment nonsense tried a crisis or two and still lose out.

All yall gonna be like a 2 yr old told they cant have any. The tantrums will be epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,568 Posts

If people would quit holding their nose to pick the least stinky shit in the ballot box maybe both parties would get it together and find a worthwhile candidate.

The ones we have right now suck royally.
Both sides.

It’s terrible that this is the best we can come up with.

We’ve come so far off the rails that logical people that would be great want nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Cant wait til Nov and DT wins by a landslide and all you liberals head go

Used up all your impeachment nonsense tried a crisis or two and still lose out.

All yall gonna be like a 2 yr old told they cant have any. The tantrums will be epic.

The fact that you still think he has a chance shows how smooth brained you really are. Can we bet $20 on the outcome? Come on, smooth brain. I’d gladly take your money for being such a dipshlt.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
The fact that you still think he has a chance shows how smooth brained you really are. Can we bet $20 on the outcome? Come on, smooth brain. I’d gladly take your money for being such a dipshlt.
Seems Ive heard same about 4 yrs ago with some biatch named Hillary.

Im in but lets go big make it 50 American.
Can ya afford it little man.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Seems Ive heard same about 4 yrs ago with some biatch named Hillary.

Im in but lets go big make it 50 American.
Can ya afford it little man.

You’re on, bitch-tits

Let’s make it more interesting.
If Trump wins, I’ll delete my account.
If he loses, adios, fuckboy (you gotta go).

sound fair?

·
Registered
293 Posts

How many times have you been sick, not known it, and gotten someone else sick? But now you're all woke because some guy who hasn't practice medicine for over 30 years is telling you to stay locked in your house? Give me a break. There is NEVER going to be a cure for covid and if a vaccine is created, it will only be 60 - 70% effective, just like the flu vaccine, so are you going to stay locked in your house and only come out when Faucci tells you it's safe to come out? This may turn out to be no worse than the seasonal flu when it is all over.
You made my point on the sports testing. They aren't feeling symptoms yet they're being tested, no different than thousands of others. If you're saying we all need to be tested before we can move about the country, well I think you are going down a very bad path.
I don't have cable so I don't watch FOX but please tell me what news I should watch or listen too to get unbiased info that doesn't change daily or weekly. I mean your sources are right and wouldn't slant the truth now would they?
You go back to isolation and the rest of us will keep the economy going until Faucci tells you it's ok to come out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
How many times have you been sick, not known it, and gotten someone else sick? But now you're all woke because some guy who hasn't practice medicine for over 30 years is telling you to stay locked in your house? Give me a break. There is NEVER going to be a cure for covid and if a vaccine is created, it will only be 60 - 70% effective, just like the flu vaccine, so are you going to stay locked in your house and only come out when Faucci tells you it's safe to come out? This may turn out to be no worse than the seasonal flu when it is all over.
You made my point on the sports testing. They aren't feeling symptoms yet they're being tested, no different than thousands of others. If you're saying we all need to be tested before we can move about the country, well I think you are going down a very bad path.
I don't have cable so I don't watch FOX but please tell me what news I should watch or listen too to get unbiased info that doesn't change daily or weekly. I mean your sources are right and wouldn't slant the truth now would they?
You go back to isolation and the rest of us will keep the economy going until Faucci tells you it's ok to come out.
Couldn’t agree more.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Might be no worse than the flu?

In 4 months it’s killed at least twice as many people in the US as the flu does in 7 months.

As for the tests, there are more positives because infection is increasing. Which leads to tests, otherwise how would we know.

The number of positive test results has increased at a higher rate than the overall number of tests given has increased.

I’ll break it down with simple made up numbers.
Yesterday we tested 10 people and 4 were positive.
Today we tested 12 people and 9 were positive.
Yes, we did test more overall and that resulted in more positive results. You are not wrong there.
However, the rate of increase of tests overall was only 20%, versus the rate of increase of positive results of those tests was 125%.
Only 2 more tests given, but 5 more positives resulted.

It isn’t just the news saying “there’s more cases” to fill a narrative.

Hospitals are saying there’s more cases.

But, I supposed technically Trump isn’t wrong, if we slow down testing there will be less confirmed cases.
At least that makes it look good on paper.

It’s like Cuda said earlier, if we stop giving pregnancy tests it doesn’t mean people aren’t pregnant.

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
And for the record, I am an essential employee so I haven’t stopped working this whole time.

All I know is that I’m the beginning I didn’t know anyone that had it.

Now that it is “declining” and we are “safe to remove all restrictions” two of my coworkers are being quarantined while they wait on results of their tests.

If they are positive, then we will have at least 9 other employees at two locations that will need to be tested as well (myself included) as they have been in contact with those two individuals in the last two weeks.

If that results in even more positives, then we could have a total of 11 people not working and two stores closed while we do more contact tracing and disinfect the buildings.

That will leave my customers going to the competition in the meantime.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts