Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The subject says it all, where do you get your brass? Do you pick yours up at the range, buy off ebay, get from friend, etc.

I'm figureing getting 4000 brass from ebay for $46 shipped, its not worth breaking my back picking it up!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I have bought from brass man and pick up some but .I found this ebay seller I bought 1500 nickle fourty cal from less ten 20.00 bucks cleaned and shipped I won a action 4.00 for 500 and emailed and just added 12.00 plus shipping he is in Mi and id is cps5700 :D

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I get most of mine at Midway, along with my bullets.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Range pickups work and the price is right. eBay isn't bad but every once in a while I get a deal where the quality isn't up to standard. Can't go wrong with http://www.hqbrass.com. Great product. Excellent price. Top shelf service.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is a police range close that I pick up most of mine. With the coming about of the U.S. Postal single rate priority box, means that you can get brassed shipped to you for only about $7 or so.

You can literally ship a person two bricks that would weigh quite a bit for literally nothing :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
i buy it cheap and reload it - i have a LEO range 4 miles away - never thought of that. my buddy who is a LEO Chief said they all shoot 40 S&W - i need to show up with a bucket - thanx for the idea.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Border Patrol and LEO academy use our range, plenty of once fired brass.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
New: MidwayUSA, Cabelas, Gander Mountain
Used: Pick up my own (even though I'm not pushing pressure limits on any of my reloads, I like to know the history of the brass).

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
What is brass?

I shoot Wolf ammo!

I know, most don't like it :(

When I used to reload, you just can't beat the feeling of scrounging up once fired brass, especially the good stuff! :eek: Sometimes I would pick up brass I didn't even have use for!

Yeah, what a scrounger! :x :lol:

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I'd like to reload but like hobocircus I actually like the wolf stuff. Sure its dirtier but so far no ill effects on the gun. Reloading isn't going to save me enough over wolf prices to invest in the equipment and time.

my swedish mauser however... will probably get me using my dads old rock chucker.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wouldn't reload either except that I cannot stand shooting 115s. The cheapest WWB 147s around run just a tad under $8/box. Shooting 147gr Zero FMJs on eBay once-fired brass using Tightgroup runs about $4.80/box. That adds up very quickly for a high volume shooter like myself. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts