Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Crossbreed Supertuck, and am trying different positions and such. I'm using an untucked t-shirt, figuring it's a worse case for concealment. I'm pretty new to all this, but it seems I'm getting alot of printing from the gun butt on my 9mm service. Where do you wear your Supertuck, and how high with what kind of cant.
P.S. I'm about 6'1" and 170 lbs, so I don't have a lot of padding. I'm also thinking of cutting the leather for a "combat" cut. I'm more worried about concealment and access than about comfort.

·
Registered
595 Posts
3:00 to 3:30 should be fine. Play with the drop and cant a little bit and wear it for a few days and let the leather "get to know you". You probably are not printing as bad as you think. Take some pictures of yourself as well, many times people think they are printing when there is no visible sign.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
About 3:30 was best for me. I angled the ST back a bit and even with a tshirt there was very little printing when standing or walking.

·
Registered
134 Posts
3:30 is best for me, too. I adjusted the cant to make it slope a bit more toward the back (front clip in the #2 hole and back clip in the #4 hole, both from the top). My XD-40 4" hides very well under a regular un-0tucked shirt. I'm wouldn't be too comfortable with a T-shirt, though, unless it was black or dark. And very loose-fitting.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not bad when standing, but as soon as I bend at the waist, the butt pokes out. I was thinking of even trying 2:00-2:30 to get the gun in front of my hip bone.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's not bad when standing, but as soon as I bend at the waist, the butt pokes out. I was thinking of even trying 2:00-2:30 to get the gun in front of my hip bone.
Adjust the cant more. Make the gun barrel point further back than the grips. When I sit down, the grips swing almost straight up, in line with my torso. Of course, I can't wear a light T-shirt, but the gun does not print under anything else.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I too am a skinnier guy 6'5 155 pounds and my supertuck is also fairly new. I have had a while though to try a few set ups and what works best for me for t-shirt concealment is 4:00 with the holster set to: front clips:top hole, back clips:second to the bottom. This gives it a more forward cant and it seems to press up tighter against my body. Just be sure to try all kinds of setups it took me about a week to finally find this setup that works best for me, don't give up. My shirt prints a little still but I don't think it is anything anyone would notice. Hope this helps u and enjoy your supertuck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes, 3:30 for a righty, 8:00 to 8:30 for a lefty (me). Do experiment with all the positions. I first tried mine a bit lower, but then my pants got in the way as I was holstering, so I ended up, after many experiments, right back to the original settings. Even at that, I may end up canting it forward one hole just to keep the grip butt closer to my tire.

Dj Prolifik - it's hard to tell, but is that the XD in .223 in your avatar pic?

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
3:30, forward cant, sitting as low as you can get it. But, everyone is different!

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
It really takes time to figure out what works for you. I am left handed and have mine at about 8 or 8:30. It just feels right for me. I can sit or lay on it and not even know it is there. I had to switch from a xd9 to a xd9sc because the grip of the gun was sticking out and I would catch it on things like the car when I got in and out. Also having the shorter grip just made it a lot more comfortable for me. Every now and then I carry my XD9 but it seems more of a hassle.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I wear mine at 4:00 with both clips at the second hole from the top. It has been most comfortable for me. I cannot wear it at 3:00 due to how skinny I am it always seems as though the grip was printing but hell I'm only 5'8" 130lbs so that basically explains it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I wore it at home some more tonight. It seems to work best using the top hole front, second from the bottom rear, at about 3:30-4:00. It is very comfortable. I'll have to e-mail Crossbreed tomorrow, though, about the clips. The corners already snapped off, so I lost about 1/4" where it hooks to the bottom of my belt. I hope this won't be a problem...maybe mine were a little brittle. Now I have to decide if I want to make the "combat" cut.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Mandohack
To answer ur question I couldn't tell either.. I just swiped the picture from google images.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mandohack
To answer ur question I couldn't tell either.. I just swiped the picture from google images.
Ha ha he's just messing with you because the picture is of a pistol laying on a bed of high-powered rifle cartridges.

I would not cut your supertuck until you have let it break in for a number of weeks. The leather really does take some time to accept the contours of your body and become more comfortable. I honestly thought I had made a major mistake when I bought the 40SC and ST combo, "I'll never be able to wear/conceal this." But, now I wouldn't have it any other way. I am thankful for the leather that protects my side from the grip, especially when I am laying on the couch or in the car where it pushes it into you a little more. Looking at the back of the holster: left clip second hole down right clip bottom hole. 3:30 230lbs 6'2" .40SC

Just tell Mark at crossbreed you need new clips and he'll send them out no prob.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am still learning and have read what the combat cut is, but do not remember. Someone please refresh my memory.

Thanks,
LS

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am still learning and have read what the combat cut is, but do not remember. Someone please refresh my memory.

Thanks,
LS
Combat cut removes a little bit more of the leather backing around the grips, so you can get an easier hold of the gun. It makes the holster a wee bit less comfortable. It's a personal preference, and I'm perfectly happy without it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
When you think you've found the right setup, wear it like that for a few days and then play some more. I thought I had it perfect at 4:00 with a bunch of cant, and then I played around and have finally settled at 3:00 with just a slight cant. (and I'm skinny, too; 6'2" 170)

Jim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts